1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars: Rogue One

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Mar 12, 2015.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Damn she fine. She in other stuff that I need to see? She ain't got to show her boob or nothing. Her acting is infectious.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

OK at the risk of being flamed I'm gonna go ahead and say I wasn't blown away by the teaser.

Felicity Jones looks to be overacting and that line "This is a rebellion. I rebel." is George Lucas level bad. The writers for this film have some duds attached to their names so I am a bit concerned about the writing.

It was still good but I was not as impressed as everyone else here seems to be.

Still, will see immediately after its release because it's Star Wars.

3. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

'Lucas bad' would be a deadpan awkward delivery with no pauses, buildup or reaction. I think the line is fine. Trailer has me interested

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Like I said, we'll see. Disney has no obligation to stick to certain plot elements from the past films/novels that Lucas did that were dumb.

For example, I doubt we'll see midichlorians matter AT ALL going forward.

And my point about it being broken is that even if it is canon in the sense that it's true that someone once said there was a rule of 2, it's not canon in the sense that the rule itself doesn't actually exist.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Eh...too early to pass judgement on dialog IMO. We don't have enough to go on and what little we do have, we don't have any context for.

Really the only thing I can tell from from the trailer is that it looks more like the Star Wars we all know and love than any of the other movies since VI. TFA included. And that has me pretty pumped.

7. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I get you. It's canon because it was once the rule, but that doesn't mean they hold to those rules.

Regardless, my theory on the kneeling Emperor would still work with or without the rule of two.

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

Pls, nothing will ever be as bad as "Anakin, you're hurting me..."

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Worst line in move history:

"I hate sand"

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

IT GETS EVERYWHERE

*TRIGGERED*

11. PhiSlammaJamma

I hated the sand line too, but I'm telling ya now, the sand line had a purpose that will be critical to the next two movies. It did not dawn on me until I saw Annakin's dream from one of the prequels. And it did not really sink in until I realized this water world is where Rae is from, and where Skywalker now reside. Episode IV opens with the sand. Episode I opens with the Sand. Episode VII opens with the Sand. It's going to sound ridiculous, but I will repeat it now, I believe Snoke was raised by Sandpeople. And that Annakin slaughtered those who raised him. And this is what Wren is going to finish for his father.

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I'm gonna go with...

"I wish I could wish away these feelings."

1 person likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Alright resident star wars nerd here.

The Rule of Two is just a philosophy really, as you are right. It has been broken before. It's really because throughout their history the Sith always backstab and kill each other. After all it was Vader's own plan to kill Palpatine in the end, it's just their way. Palpatine had a rule of one and of course was always using his apprentices to get more and more power and for his own advantage as we saw in the prequel series.

So it is canon even by Disney's rule, because it's been established in the prequels (and animated series) and the originals, but it can be broken at any time by any Sith...as they aren't exactly the type to follow rules any ways.

In the end, it really doesn't matter. What is a sith and isn't is something ever changing. Abrams said Kylo Ren isn't a Sith, so he holds no Sith title but to everyone that sees him with that red saber and mask he's still pretty much a Sith in spirit and if Kylo Ren kills his Master and claims himself Dark Lord of the Sith whose to say no? So in the end the rule doesn't even matter like you said, even if it's canon the Sith are rule breakers and even their own code basically says that by becoming powerful you make your own rules any ways.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Vader is so clean. I would've cussed the living schitte out of Obi after he cut my limbs and left me for dead. The best he could think of was "I hate you!" as if that'll send the message. Yeah you told him alright.

15. waste55

waste55 Member

Personally I hope not. Sith Lords are starting to become a dime a dozen in the star wars universe. Maybe Palpy just has a bad knee now.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

If it's like Force Awakens, we will get a 20 year old who is an expert at hand-to-hand combat, marksmanship, aircraft mechanics and piloting, battlefield strategy.

All without explanation.

She will be perfect in every way.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cpS6TlqgLIQ?start=56" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Nero

Nero Member

It didn't exist until the 'prequels', correct?

Which makes it not even worth mentioning.

18. waste55

waste55 Member

Yeah if RS has this same sort of thing I think a lot will view it as a cop out. Rey's strengths should have taken more time to unfold. The hand to hand combat made sense in her upbringing, and I could have bought the expert in spacecraft repair from the savaging. The pilot expertise has no real explanation however.

The worse of it was the force usage. Pulling off mind tricks was just dumb in my opinion. If the movie had waited to reveal to the audience just at the end with the winning of the force pull battle over the saber, it would have been really great. It could have been more of a surprise and would make sense for a first feat to pull off force-wise.

Still, trailer looks good. Tone down the "I'M SUCH A REBEL LOOK AT ME REBEL" and it'll be fine I hope.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is sort of a theme for all the Star Wars movies since a New Hope. I mean how did a farm boy from Tatooine be able to shoot torpedoes perpendicularly down a tiny exhaust vent on a heavily defended giant space station against the Galaxy's best pilots without using a computer?

20. likestohypeguy

So the fun for most of you is more about getting into the legitimacy of what happens and how characters should be according to what's already been established in previous movies, references, rules?

Although ive watched & enjoyed for the most part every movie so far, I just can't keep up with the minutia enough to get worked up over inconsistencies, just want it to look cool, has good actors and story on its own... just be a great movie, is all I want. And I was really impressed with the most recent one in those respects, and super looking forward to the one with miles from lost.