1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars: Rogue One

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

I love the idea of seeing Star Wars done in a different style. It feels more of a dark sci-fi like Alien mixed with some modern action adventure. Gareth Edwards is more suited for this than Godzilla though Godzilla was still decent, it just had no character development like Monsters had, and i believe that will end up being a strong suit in Rogue One.

A few things:

1) The actors all feel very B-List. It felt odd at first. Then the more i watched it, the more i liked it. These actors are good actors, just not superstars which is a good thing. You want to get lost in the character and not in the who the actor is. I'm not sure how it is going to feel hearing so many different accents since Star Wars has been largely a British/Australian accent cast. It's going to be weird to hear Donnie Yen and Diego Lunas very thick accents.

2) Costumes and sets look amazing. Forrest's outfit looks great. I hope he is some wise former bad ass from the time of the clone wars 15 years prior. Mon Mothma looks like herself. Donnie Yen fighting with a wooden staff is odd. I'd prefer he had one of those electrostaffs that the MagnaGuard Droids in ROTS had.

3) Predictions: I do believe it's confirmed Grand Moff Tarkin will make a hologram appearance using the same actor from the OT who died in the 1990s. Peter Cushing. This is very similar to what Superman Returns did with bringing Marlon Brando to life in hologram form and then digitally messing with his voice to create dialogue. Very cool stuff.

I predict The Emperor will make an appearance via hologram also or at minimum a voice on a wrist communications brace. Nothing big.

I predict Vader is in that scene at the end where you see Jyn Erso in the black tie fighter outfit turning around and i believe you hear a door open and its Vader standing there looking at her. I think it will be a very Alien like scene where he's never fully seen, only dark shadows in a battle torn ship with lights and sirens going off everywhere and hes chasing her and she escapes in a pod as the camera pulls away and you see Vader standing there in the distance watching her knowing she escaped with the plans. No fights. I'm going to go ahead and predict he also never turns on his lightsaber. Just uses force powers.

I predict the guy kneeling in the black sith robe is not Vader or Sidious(who the hell would Sidious kneel to? Snoke big reveal as the mastermind all along? Would weaken the OT story.) I believe that character is going to be Madds Mikkelson's villain. Perhaps a secret apprentice of Vaders? This will be the guy chasing them most of the movie till he dies or Vader kills him for being weak and failing over and over?

Here is a photo of the kneeling dark robed character in front of the Emprors imperial guard.

[​IMG]

Doesn't look like the shape of Vader at all. Definitely not wearing a mask or helmet under that hood. Looks too young of a body shape to be Sidious also.

Now this is interesting: This looks like the same character walking towards the rebels as they run away right into him. Looks like a white face or mask?
    [​IMG]

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm making a stand right here not going to watch another trailer. Saving it all for the movie.

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

He is listed in IMDB: That character isn't Tarkin. It's an Admiral outfit and Tarkin is lower rank i believe and they already said Tarkin will be digitally ressurected.

That character in white is played by this guy:
    [​IMG]

I wondered who was doing the score for this movie. Alexander Desplat is fantastic. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was beautiful. He also added so much intensity to Argo. He worked with Gareth Edwards on Godzilla which had a dark, brooding feel to it. I'm excited to hear what he comes up with.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

which character is mads mikelssen playing? Didnt see him in trailer. I thought the guy in white might be him

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Maybe its a Sith Ezra Bridger. :cool:

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

This looks good.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Liar!

:p :grin:

8. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

This looks like the Star Wars I've been waiting for!

9. Duncan McDonuts

The one criticism I'd say is that I'm tired of death stars being the big super weapon.

10. Falcons Talon

Just looked at trailer again....falling in love with it!

Mon Mothma is spot on from my memory...The white rebel helmets takes my back to the opening scene of episode 4 when the rebels fought the troopers in the halls of Leia's ship...Jyn Erso reminds me of a young Leia...I thought Diego Luna was Poe Dameron...The AT-AT scene is epic and the blaring alarm sends chills down my spine....Forest Whitaker? GTFO!!!!

OMG TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!!

#90 Falcons Talon, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This one looks really good. So i'm cutting it out. Only 8 months away to :cool::cool::cool::cool:

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

It was silly in The Force Awakens but considering this is a prequel centered around stealing the plans for the Death Star it's kind of unavoidable.....

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt it. The guy there is clearly human. A big part of what made Thrawn a big deal was he was an alien who had ascended to the highest ranks of the Empire.

Plus I think I read somewhere that these new Star Wars movies are pretty much going to ignore the entirety of the extended universe that the post Star Wars novels created. That included Thrawn (even though the books involving him were AWESOME and I wish they would incorporate them).

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You read correctly, the EU has been tossed aside. They may use some parts of it or adapt some parts into their new stuff. So it doesn't really stop them from using a Thrawn-ish character in the future.

This looks really cool though.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Is that when this takes place? How will Vader and the other mains fit in? How old is Poe Dameron supposed to be if he's in this and doesn't age between TFA?

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Are we sure that character is kneeling? What if its just the emperor... standing. Remember, he's not that tall (based on the picture of the three of them from III on the previous page).

17. Falcons Talon

I would think The only mains that would fit here would be Vader, Emperor, maybe Kenobi, Jedi remnants, Maybe Leia.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I would be cool if there weren't a lot of mains in this movie (aside from Vader, of course....). Like someone else said in this thread, there's an entire universe to draw stories from. Not all of them have to involve Luke, Han or Leia.