1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars: Rogue One

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Mar 12, 2015.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I saw this movie twice in theaters. First time I thought it was pretty good, but I liked it a lot more on my 2nd viewing. I see it as the 3rd best SW film overall:

1) Empire Strikes Back
    2) A New Hope
    3) Rogue One
    4) Revenge of the Sith
    5) Return of the Jedi
    6) The Force Awakens
    7) Attack of the Clone
    8) The Phantom Menace

mikol13 and GRENDEL like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Forest had 4:45 minutes of screentime. Mads had 6:30. Oscar "the best performance" was on screen for a grand total of 8 minutes and 45 seconds.

Pretty crazy you don't know who Mads is. Check him out.

Rey looked like a rookie out there. Which she was, and is. Felicity Jones is a far superior actress.

3. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

And the most annoying, pansy villain of all time goes to, KYLO REN!!! Woohoo!

GRENDEL likes this.
  4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The guy posting member berries is the SAME guy talking up the movie that dug peter cushing out of the grave, threw in buttface, r2d2 and c3po in a movie FOR NO REASON other than member these things, and ending of the film was just to make you remember A New Hope. wat is even happening? RO is the member berries overload breh.

5. Nero

Nero Member

[​IMG]

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I just can't get past this. It would have been such a better movie if the Empire had just gained strength over the last 30 years and was still The Empire. I mean, 30 years is plenty of time to build it back up, right? I just don't have any connection to The First Order or it's smiling stormtroopers.

I remember really loving TFA right after seeing it in the theater. But I saw it on HBO a few months back and it didn't do much for me.

I've only seen RO once. I remember it being kind of slow to start but the last hour being amazing. I loved what they did with Peter Cushing. It was seamless and really gave us a lot more insight into his character. I thought Mendelsohn's performance as Krennic was as good as any performance in any SW movie. The power struggle between Tarkin and Krennic was pretty compelling.

I'll be picking up the DVD this weekend and giving it another view.

mikol13 likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

4:45 of the most unbearable minutes in Star Wars non-prequel history I might add.

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

You think so? I think he is a fine actor and did a solid job, as he always does. (Especially compared to Finn, Rey, Kylo and that gaggle of "diverse" cardboard)
    No comparison. TFA is what made Trey Parker and Matt Stone INVENT member berries. And Rogue One was clearly the more original of the two, no matter which one you liked more.

Joshfast likes this.
  9. Bandwagoner

Original story? It is the first story in Staw Wars history. You know why it didn't have a title crawl? It IS a title crawl.

[​IMG]

By original do you mean the oldest story in star wars?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think he knew it and that's why he had that random and weird suicide moment.

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Original:
    1. Present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest.
    2. Created directly and personally by a particular artist. Not a copy or imitation.
    3. Not dependent on other people's ideas; inventive and unusual.

Original. Origin. "First story in Star Wars history"

/thread. ;)

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You mean the actor was playing out his own emotional reaction to reading the script for his character on screen? ;)

13. Bandwagoner

It fits the first definition like I said. It is the oldest story in star wars. Fails miserably on the last two definitions.

Complaining about an emo villain, claiming member berries, then talking up a film where the villain is darth vader is also pretty special. member berry overload. If you want to find common ground I think the only one that is halfway decent is Empire Strikes Back.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much and they just left it in.

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

We can all agree that Empire kicks ass!

16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Finally, I disagree with you on something. I actually like his performance the more I watch it. In such a short amount of time, you get to experience, feel and understand his journey.

I totally dig that it's not just good guy vs bad guy movie, where it's just one side against another. You see the different struggles throughout with all involved.

Look, everyone always seems so concerned with finding the perfect Star Wars film; It's probably not going to happen. We were spoiled by Empire. That said, I think Disney will do this series much justice.

Look at everyone talking about it, whether you like it or not. You still feel compelled to watch it, no?

Overall I think RO was a pretty kick ass film. Just saying. I bought it Tuesday, watched it and will watch it again soon.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

The first scrawl I saw nearly thirty years ago when I was like 9, after my friends forced me to go see the movie with them, I remember thinking this is going to suck if I have to read shiot. And then I saw a star destroyer. And the scrawl became legendary to me as well as everyone else.

18. Nero

Nero Member

Just saw this one.. :)

heypartner likes this.