1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars: Rogue One

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Mar 12, 2015.

1. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

A spoiler you want to know going into this flick.

There is nothing that redeems the prequels or explains anything about the new trilogy. This movie is independent of all of that. Purely about the death star plans. I was hoping for some sort of twist or reveal but there was nothing like that, you'll probably enjoy the movie more not looking for something more than how the rebels got the death star plans.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well here's a spoiler, and a big reason why I liked it as much as I did.

You ask who dies?
    [​IMG]

Richie_Rich, Caesar and Jontro like this.
  3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I honestly really liked it. Everything was just solid. Even though it's unrelated to Episode 7, I like it much better than that one.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Where the f are
    all the bothan spies that died to retrieve the death star plans?

Bobbythegreat, J Sizzle and Jontro like this.
  5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I would love if they could fill in the rest of the OT by making Shadows into an actual movie, and for some reason this film raises my hopes that it can happen. You know Disney would love more one shots to expand their now non canonical EU. Look at all these damn Cars sequels that nobody asks for.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'd give it a solid B. It was very fun, very well directed, and had some of the best special effects I can remember. Only thing that held it back was the character development. Didn't think any of the characters were memorable, and the middle of the film dragged.

I appreciated them giving an explanation for why the Death Star was so easy to destroy in Ep. 4, and the ending scene with Vader boarding the ship was the best part of the whole film

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  7. VanityHalfBlack

Dear OP, can you add poll to see which is the better film in the eyes of clutchfans? Rogue One or The Force Awakens.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That was for Episode VI "Return of the Least Original Jedi". I think.

As to your spoiler, yes, I would have to agree. That scene made me pop major wood. Showed the character as a badazz dude.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I cannot fathom how anybody who appreciates writing, acting, and directing in films could think any of the prequels surpasses Force Awakens, and Force Awakens wasn't even that good in those areas.

Having said that...Rogue One is better than Force Awakens

11. VanityHalfBlack

Thank you, thank you!!! Humanity is restored, The Rebellion is build on hope!!!

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Man. Knote is treating this thread like bobby treats a trump thread.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Movie is out, I'm checking out of this thread now!

14. VanityHalfBlack

Go see it!!! I'll be seeing it again! soon

15. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

for those who've seen it - would you say its appropriate for a 9 and 11yr old girl? I want to take my daughters, but I'm a bit concerned with this one. Actually had tickets, in the middle row of a great theater for last nights 7pm showing - but had to cancel them when I realized my daughters school play was at the same time - DOH!

16. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah, she'll be fine. I think all young girls should go see it. Inspiring to say the least.

Torn n Frayed and DFWRocket like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Reserved seats, got to open that spoiler lite in 2 days.

18. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Saw it last night..definitely better than Force Awakens. More entertaining, good flow to the plot, but yeah it did drag a bit when you get used to the action scenes. Solid movie, would def recommend watching in theatre.

Richie_Rich and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Loved it, probably the 3rd best of the Star Wars films, and it gives ANH a run as the 2nd best.

I could certainly see why it would have some of the studio brass concerned though. This is not a "fun" movie like we've become accustomed to with Marvel and The Force Awakens.

20. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I think it's borderline. There's a lot of dying in the movie, and often in a more personal way that just faceless Stormtroopers getting shot. Also, at this stage, the good guys are basically "terrorists" and at times they do things that are clearly bad things, where innocent people suffer. (although admittedly usually soldiers and/or government types) Depends on how much of that kind of thing you want to expose your kids to. I have a 10 year old son, and I'm still debating. The subject matter is definitely a bit more mature/real than the original series.

Having said that, it really is an inspiring movie, especially with the strong female lead. But also a lot of tragedy.

#500 DarkHorse, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016