1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars: Rebels - Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Apr 20, 2015.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Great season finale. This season was definitely better and darker than the first, which was still enjoyable. And I'm loving how they're connecting to the other movies and series.

2. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="500" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BJTF77uy0iQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

After the first season (which was decent), I didn't think this show had a chance to be on par with The Clone Wars.

Clearly it does. This season was much improved and the finale was incredibly well done. Can't wait to see how season 3 builds on this.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Watched it last night and was going to bump this thread this morning. It was awesome. LOVED the last 15 minutes.....

Question:

What was the significance of Ezra levitating that piece at the very end? Foreshadowing a move to the dark side?

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Good gravy, this show is really starting to find it's footing. Not at Clone Wars level yet, but getting there.

That fight between Ahsoka and Vader was one of the most tense fight I have every watched. We know Vader lives, but Ahsoka getting killed certainly felt possible, even likely.

6. ima_drummer2k

Interesting. I never really got into the Clone Wars. Since the whole war was basically a sham, it was hard for me to get that far into any of the stories. I much prefer this series, as the Empire is already formed and we get to see how they rule the galaxy before Episode IV.

This series feels more like the sequels; whereas the Clone Wars feels more like the prequels.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Yeah...I far prefer Rebels to Clone Wars for the very reasons you just mentioned.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Did you not like them, or did you simply not watch after the first season?

The Clone Wars had those story arcs which were brilliant IMO, not all of them but a lot. Plus there was exceptional character development. I loathed Ahsoka in the Clone Wars movie, but we actually got to watch her develop as a padawan. I ended up loving that character, which in turn made me heavily invested in that fight on Rebels. The last 4 episode of season 5 (which was effectively the end of series) were an absolute masterpiece.

Rebels still has a lot of individual filler episodes between the awesome ones, while the Clone Wars use of mini-arcs lead to very few throwaway episodes. But like Rebels, Clone Wars also started out weak before becoming awesome, so hopefully Rebels can keep that trajectory.

9. ima_drummer2k

I watched them and they were okay. I'm just not that interested in what goes on between II and III. What happens between III and IV has always been more intriguing to me.

Agree that there were some filler episodes, though. But I definitely like where this series is going. Which is weird because I'm not really a cartoon guy at all.

10. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I agree with this as well, because of the amount of time that is in between III and IV (19 years) as opposed to II and III (just 3 years, IIRC). That to me is huge because there are more details that could be included.

That time between III and IV would be known as "Rise of the Empire" and shows how it all comes together during that 19-year time span.

If there ever is a series that takes place between VI and VII (a 30-year time span) could be titled "Remnants of the Empire" or "Ashes of the Empire" and would have to include the Battle of Jakku (the Empire's last stand) and Luke training Ben before he became Kylo Ren. We could see the progress Luke made in establishing a new Jedi Order and how that all came apart. Stating it in a film is one thing, but showing how it all happens (whether live-action or animated) is another.

11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I'm thinking Ezra may head to darker places but not necessary turn. Maul is still out there for one, plus so much of the episode was devoted to understanding your enemy and embracing your emotions, which he did at the end. So maybe he follows his own path like Ashoka. But I don't think he turns.

12. ima_drummer2k

The last 1 1/2 minutes....YES.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P-bJu__WXmY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>