1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Standing up for Islam

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LCAhmed, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

no killing means living in an utopia, religions contributed remarkably less killing than non-religious ideologies but yes still could be much better

for pure entertainment ,I like Trump, for politics can't trust political campaign exactly to be true.
    It's a shame Isis is still able to survive all this time , should had been crushed for good.

What you see today is the New Testament,it was way better than now days
    I do agree religion should be a personal matter.

2. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I could care less if you make fun of the man, neither do I care for your mother and whatever she may believe. I do care what historians on different sides said about this man, not one single historian but the overall consensus.

Neither do I think he was perfect nor do I think he was a ruthless warrior. Truth is probably somewhere in the middle. The reason why Islam was so successful and accomplishment great things in astronomy and mathematics was because of how they were open to discussions/debate and conserved knowledge already developed by other communities. That in itself negates the a lot of the crap people spew. Read and spread things other than hate, might learn a thing or two.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm giving rep to the OP for this thread. The theology of Islam has little appeal to me, if I did I would probably be a Muslim, but from my own personal dealings with Muslims on the whole I have had little problems with them. I've met a very few who expressed some very anti-American feelings but I've met several people who aren't Muslims who have expressed very anti-American feelings. The only one who I've worried might actually do something violent was Jewish and bitterly denounced the US after the Oslo Accords.

Even though I've spent a fair amount of time in Muslim dominated countries I've never felt pressured to convert to Islam or threatened because I wasn't a Muslim. I've felt far more pressure, judgement and outright antagonism from Christians. In both cases though I don't judge a whole major religion on the actions of a handful. And the Christians who have treated me badly I don't think are anymore representative of most of Christianity than DAESH, AL Qaeda, and Al Shabab are of most of Islam.

Leaving aside personal feelings and interaction there is another reason why I've never bought into the idea that Islam is evil or that is or should be a war of civilizations. As I've said before there over a billion Muslims and they are world wide. By far the vast majority of victims of DAESH and those other groups are Muslims. Turning this into a war of the rest of the world versus Islam plays into the hands of the extremists but also makes it much harder to root out the extremists. How do we expect Muslims to cooperate with turning in extremists in their midst if this is made out to be a war on Islam. If you kept on hearing about how your religion was evil and dangerous would you be so wiling to turn over those who claimed to be defending your religion to those who are bad mouthing it?

2 people like this.