1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stand back and stand by

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 29, 2020.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

yeah but when you are an extremist cult member like generalthade, it is a mutually exclusive thing...

2. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

And I appreciate you very much backing me up when we tried to boot that little pink the dopefiend out of here.

Andre0087 likes this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

So either I agree with you or I am complicit in furthering their agenda. Yeah, sure.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah some trolls are harder to spot than others..

the 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human - sweat, bad breath, everything.

Very hard to spot. I had to wait till he moved on you before I could zero him.

5. generalthade_03

Troll is the overused word you guys heaped upon posters around here that you disagree with. I am the same guy if you were to meet me on the streets. Maybe, you’re looking for an audition to see who can entertain you the most?

I tend to agree with you that some of my posts are paltry and sad, but you know that I have a busy life and trying to give away my money to different ministries, and the more that I give, the more it comes back to me tenfold, it is driving me crazy.

Example, I just cut a check of 6 figure for an important prison ministry and the next day, my lawyer closed the sale on one of my properties and we almost doubled the asking price( there were over 20 bids on the prime property) I just don’t have a lot of time like some of the residents D&D in here, I swear they live and breathe the D&D.

Mr Trump does not need me to defend him, he’s doing quite alright, he’s a streetfighter.

#105 generalthade_03, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    IBTL likes this.
  6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#106 London'sBurning, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    R0ckets03, Ziggy, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  7. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

The earth is flat. Yeah sure.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

i dont think you are.
    there are definitely people playing a character or trying to get a rise from someone.
    that would be my definition of troll.

you are like me prone to hyperbole.. or pick battles but you are fairly consistent.
    if you or anyone make bad faith arguments that is a troll trait and you cant argue that.

i try not to here.. but im guilty of engaging trolls. so yes those guys I admit are entertaining as you put. extinguishing them like os trig is simply pastime paradise wfh while listening to rush. he is VERY entertaining he is flailing bad right now btw.. when you bring up telemundo you know its already over...rush just got handled by a caller. good stuff
    ill hang up and listen hold music

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If I go to vote and I see some jackass(es) standing there with long rifles, then I'm going to be deeply upset.

deb4rockets, RayRay10, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  10. generalthade_03

Yes, a good troll is hard to ignore and the instinct is to try to engage and then regretting it later.

IBTL likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/0...-condemn-white-supremacists-others-defend-him

President Trump’s refusal to explicitly condemn white supremacy and right-wing extremist groups during the first presidential debate drew muted concern from some Republicans on Capitol Hill, as the highest-ranking Republican in the House sought to defend his remarks.

Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina, the lone Black Republican in the Senate, said he believed Mr. Trump had misspoken and that the president should clarify his remarks.

“I think he misspoke, I think he should correct it,” Mr. Scott told reporters. “If he doesn’t correct it, I guess he didn’t misspeak.”

Senator Mike Rounds of South Dakota sought to equate right-wing extremists with groups on the left, even though the F.B.I. and the Homeland Security Department have singled out white supremacists as the primary domestic terrorism threat.

Mr. Trump “should have made it very clear that there’s no room for people on the far left or the far more far right when it comes to antifa or these white supremacist groups,” Mr. Rounds said. “I was hoping for more clarity.”

Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the House minority leader, defended Mr. Trump’s answer, arguing that the president “has been very clear that he’s against anybody for committing violence in the streets” and pointing to a recent pledge by the president to classify both the Ku Klux Klan and antifa as terrorist organizations.

Pressed by reporters, Mr. McCarthy chafed at the suggestion that Mr. Trump should have explicitly denounced specific right-wing extremist groups.

“How many times does he have to say it, if the question is, ‘Would you denounce it’ and the answer is yes?” Mr. McCarthy said. “He did that.”

When Chris Wallace, the debate moderator, asked Mr. Trump Tuesday whether he would condemn white supremacy and distance himself from extremist groups, Mr. Trump replied, “Sure.” But when Mr. Biden mentioned the Proud Boys, a far-right group, Mr. Trump refused to condemn them and instead suggested they “stand back and stand by.”

Senator Todd Young, Republican of Indiana, lamented on Wednesday that “we didn’t get great clarity from the debate last night about the differences in vision of the future of this country, and I did think that that was unfortunate.”

He would not address Mr. Trump’s remarks specifically, but made a point of personally condemning white supremacy. “I think that all of these groups are equal, and I condemn them on the strongest terms and we need to remain one nation under God.”

On the other side of the Capitol, Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued a sharp rebuke of the comments on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” calling the moment the capstone of “really a sad night for our country” and accusing Mr. Trump of “intimidating” voters.

Ms. Pelosi also expressed concern that Mr. Trump would “cause chaos” by questioning the election results, after the president said during the debate Tuesday night that he was “counting” on a conservative Supreme Court to determine the victor.

“He wants to cause chaos, take it to the courts; when he takes it to the courts, prolong the process,” she said. “What is this?”

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. generalthade_03

Were you as upset at these two dudes in Philadelphia back in 08?

IBTL likes this.
  13. generalthade_03

Lol

London'sBurning and jiggyfly like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He is going all in on the mayhem.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

lol there are different kinds of good trolls.

maybe in that sense I fancy myself as a good troll too-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Good%20Troll&amp=true

A good troll is one who trolls trollers. Basically, when a troll trolls, another troll defends the one who was being trolled in the first place. A good troll purposely starts arguments with bad trolls. You will notice that a lot of history on that Good Troll's computer is arguments defending someone.

16. foh

foh Member

"generalthade_03, post: 13142006:
    trying to give away my money to different ministries, and the more that I give, the more it comes back to me tenfold, it is driving me crazy. Example, I just cut a check of 6 figure for an important prison ministry

Sounds like you are living the American dream. May I ask you what is your motivation for stopping by D&D along the way to all that success and boundless income stream you are generating. Why not go make some kids or start a super pac or sail on super yacht with a bunch of models or kill elephants in Africa? The hell is it about D&D that could be considered as better time to you?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You keep posting this thinking you're making some amazing point, when in reality...

1) Hardly anyone defended this

2) the President of the goddamed country wasn't encouraging people to do this

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why are you trying to be nuanced about the Proud Boys.

You pick the wildest battles.

RayRay10 and nacho bidness like this.
  19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Maybe if you photoshopped some knives in their hands I would?

Ziggy, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Not sure why anyone with a brain bothers here. Myself included.

It's the same handful of posters pulling the race-card and re-posting tweets of whatever random BS they find that fits their narrative...

I've already mention this. But the Proud boys aren't white supremacist(they do have a gay name, that I will agree on). My buddy is in them, odd that he has never had a issue with my black wife or his current black girlfriend. He must have not get the news that they are white supremacist now. If democrats are OK with Antifa/BLM then you guys should have no issues with the Proud Boys.It's not my thing and I wouldn't have time for it, but I'm down with a bunch of American loving dudes that like to beat up commies every once in a while.

Once again, more hypocrisy on clutchfans.

generalthade_03 and IBTL like this.