1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stacey Dash on Her Support of Mitt Romney

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by redlawn, Oct 10, 2012.

1. redlawn

redlawn Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K2exdD9MthI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some choice quotes:

Referring to Romney:

Apparently, Mitt Romney is the character guy now... WOWZA!! :)

2. Raven

Raven Member

She's worried about her taxes being raised. Nothing more to it than that, and no one would care if she weren't a Black female.

3. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I saw a story yesterday that quoted a lot of the really harsh responses to her tweet - I can't find it today though. Several used harsh slang terms for bi-racial people, one referred to her as a house-'N' , mulatto 'B' etc. A couple said she should just die, one (a doctor no less) said she needs to kill herself. It was harsh stuff.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Who cares? Does it really change someone's mind when a minor celebrity supports a candidate?

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

A bunch of left-wing, racist haters hating on Stacey Dash.

Film at eleven.

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

the story was not about her support, but rather the backlash she received from it. There were some really hateful things tweeted back at her.

8. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Stacy is so sexy, with that said...

[​IMG]

9. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Same thing happened to Nikki Minaj when she eluded in a song that she was supporting Romney. Hate tweets and just hate all around. Later she implied that wasn't what she meant, but the damage was done. I completely understand why 95% of African Americans voted for Obama in 2008. It was amazing feat to have a African American elected as President. If it was for his policies or the color of his skin, but after 4 years you have to look past skin color. I think society has to get past the notion that a black women or man voting for Romney isn't them turning their back on their color, its turning to the hope and change they want now after 4 years of Obama. Personally I don't believe Romney or Obama are the right man for the job, but thats all we got.

10. redlawn

redlawn Member

I'll be the first to say that I feel bad for her. All people are entitled to an opinion, as is she. But it's clear she has touched a nerve based on the fierce reaction.

For example:

• Does she realize that she supports the party that created this?
      [​IMG]

• Is she aware that one of its 2012 presidential candidates painted a rock leading into his ranch "nig gerhead"?

• How about the expressed belief of some GOP members that slavery was good for black people?

• How does she feel about the Kenyan Muslim birther rumors directed towards President Obama?

• Does she realize how ironic her statements of national unity are based on the actions of House Republicans that have openly refused to work with President Obama, even though Obama has bent head over heels to compromise with them?

This episode is a sad and unfortunate reflection of the state of our union.

11. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

No party made that photo - a single individual idiot did.

um no he did not. The sign was there before his family owned the ranch..and it was painted over almost 30yrs ago.

Your talking about a super-small minority..a very very few people. I'd be willing to bet there are just as many idiot racists democrats too. Wait..I've actually met a few in my life.

Again, a small fraction of people that the Republican party doesn't even respond to.

No party made that photo - a single individual idiot did.

um no he did not. The sign was there before his family owned the ranch..and it was painted over almost 30yrs ago.

Your talking about a super-small minority..a very very few people. I'd be willing to bet there are just as many idiot racists democrats too. Wait..I've actually met a few in my life.

Again, a small fraction of people that the Republican party doesn't even respond to.

I think the racists responses to her are much more sad..

Lots of people on the far left do some really stupid things..but I don't hold Obama accountable for the things they do. That would be incredibly ignorant.
    It was people on the left that are telling Stacey Dash to kill herself, calling her racists names, and hoping she dies..but I would NEVER say this is typical of the Democratic party. I know better..but then again thats probably what makes me a moderate and not a kool-aide drinker for a political party.

1 person likes this.
  12. redlawn

redlawn Member

Right. And I bet you believe Fox News is "fair and balanced" too. LMAO.

13. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Whoever she is, she knew there would be reactions on both sides of the spectrum, and to act surprised at the things said to her on teh interwebz is either stupid or disingenuous.

Attention grab. She's just riding the wave.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

In self-promotion, it seems to have worked: I've gone from never having heard the name Stacey Dash to not knowing who she is. A few more controversies and I might end up listening to her music or watching her movie or reading her book or buying her insurance product or whatever it is that she does.

15. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I don't watch FOX news..or MSNBC for that matter. I do like Piers Morgan though. I get most of my news from CNN.com, and then I look for more information on the subject in non-news sources.

Both parties stretch the truth, both parties are in the pockets of corporate America and BOTH current Presidential candidates receive donations from Big Oil. I have voted for Bill White, Kinky Friedman and John McCain..so yes, I am a moderate.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

She doesn't do anything any longer. She is irrelevant in the entertainment industry. So is her opinion on who should be the next president.

17. esteban

esteban Member

The libtards are being exposed right in front of our eyes for being intolerant bigots.

I've always loved the beautiful Stacy Dash and I think if B Costanza married her instead of Moochell, he wouldn't punish America like he did during the past 4 years.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

At 1:05min eve she has to laugh because she realizes how trivial her knowledge and statements are.

19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

This endorsement hurts the CC.Net Democrats the worst -- because they've fantasized about hitting it for years!

1 person likes this.
  20. SacTown

SacTown Member

This is her equivalent to a sex tape. She doesn't give a damn about politics.