1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

SRO advice

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Dream Sequence, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Any suggestions for SRO?

Can you only stand on the main level? A friend stood on the 3rd level but I'm not sure if you are allowed to and don't want to risk getting moved after all the allowed spots are taken.

I can go early, so that won't be an issue if that is what it takes. I'd just like to at least have some sort of idea of what to expect. Don't need to be in the SRO section that has everyone as I know that is asking for too much. Just curious about what it will be like elsewhere in the stadium if I go when gates open.

travfrancis likes this.
  2. NateNate

NateNate Member

It’s more or less a free for all, there’s tape on the floor behind the seats in all sections that you’re supposed to stand behind. This is to avoid fans from hovering above seated fans. I’ve never heard of standing room on any level but the main concourse or the second level near torchys tacos so him being on the third level leads me to believe he was hanging out where there was no usher. They’re pretty strict about not letting you stand up there during the game.

Whenever I have SRO tickets I end up all over the place tbh. I don’t have the bladder capacity nor the patience to stand in one spot, so even if I did get first row at the home run pump I would lose my spot fairly quickly. I usually start in the left outfield (main concourse) and make my way around. Head up to torchys as well and see if you like it, I watched almost a whole game sitting at the bar seat up there.

Dream Sequence likes this.
  3. jsdub525

jsdub525 Member

There’s always that concrete slab above section 437 in right field....

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

What I think I saw happening was SRO people scoping out unsold tickets and then taking their seat. There was a guy I noticed on my many trips to the bathroom, uniquely dressed that kept wandering. Eventually (5h inning?) he made his way to my section and stared for about 15 minutes before taking an empty seat near me. I got to thinking you could get SRO tickets, check stubhub minutes before the game starts and make notes to which seats are still available. Then a few innings in, go see if anyone is in those noted seats. You might score some pretty decent seats if you don't get too greedy.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Did SRO for game 5 in 2017. It was just a free for all. We were mostly in the centerfield bar area or Torchy's along the stairs. It was difficult finding spots that my wife could actually see. Wish I would've thought about the Stub Hub idea (scoping out to see what went unsold). Didn't seem like there were any though.

Still well worth it to be there for that game...as I hope it will be for tonight.

6. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

I noticed a lot of empty seats in upper deck for ALCS game 6 and WS game 2. I gave my brother an SRO ticket for today. He’s going solo so I’m hoping he can find a good place to stand around and find a seat later in the game.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There weren't very many empty seats until the Nationals blew out the astros.