1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SR610 live or die

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by brooksssss, Jul 19, 2012.

?

SR610 Life or Death

Poll closed Jul 22, 2012.
  1. SR610 Life

7 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. SR610 Death

103 vote(s)
    93.6%
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There are like 9 Fast and Furious movies. Affliction is considered a premier brand of clothing. A TV series about the Kardashians now has like 3 spinoffs. Some abomination called Glee rules primetime. That's the same group 610 sits in.

Ratings aren't everything, unless you're employed by the station.
    sucker

1 person likes this.
  2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

and 610 boy comes in to wave ratings in our face.

Clutchfans represents the educated voice of Houston, of course the most popular is going to be the most dumbed down.

I'll stick to intelligent sports talk over a wannabe shock jock who can't keep his emotions in check.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

great reference.

Have their ratings actually increased? I know they are still #1 but that is purely based on people being trained to tune into 610 after year and years of listening. ..basically habit. I would be interested to see their rating "lead" now as opposed to 3 or 5 years ago.

4. sammy

sammy Member

I couldn't care less about ratings. Judging from the callers that call into 610 and other radio stations...that doesn't hold much merit.

We'll see how the ratings change though soon enough.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

well hello there 610 employee.

It's more than just CF.neters. For example, I've been going to the same car dealership for 6 years. Whenever my car needs serviced, they will drop me off and pick me up with their shuttle. Every time it's been the same old timer driver and he always had it on 610...always. Last month, it was on 740.

The pudding is terrible

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

I gotta admit, at night when I take a shower/shave and Soccer Matters is on 790 I HAVE to change it immediately. The guys voice puts me to sleep, and Soccer does not matter to me whatsoever. That's the only time I hit 610, and I get Barry ****ing Warner. Fastest showers ever now.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I like Soccer Matters. Soccer does matter. It is a beautiful sport that must be appreciated like a fine wine.

8. Indaface

Indaface Member

I love soccer as much as the next guy but Glenn Davis is tough to listen to. I respect his knowledge though and do enjoy hearing soccer talk on the radio from time to time.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

When I am flipping through my presets and I hear barry warner I just want to take a bat to my radio. How does this guy have a job. I would much rather even listen to Josh than Barry "Houston Radio Legend" Warner. I am surprised one of his coworkers haven't socked him on air.

10. Depressio

Depressio Member

Me too. Just hearing his voice annoys me. The guy is arrogant because he's older, as if that gives his terrible takes more merit.

11. Depressio

Depressio Member

CF.net is full of people who love/know sports. The people who love/know sports, prefer 790 because the guys there know more and have much better takes.

The masses, however, prefer entertainment to actual knowledge. They like fluff and shock. 610 has that in spades which is why their ratings are higher. It's similar to how informed, unbiased folks hit up al Jazeera or BBC for news, while everyone else goes to the fluff/bias on CNN/FoxNews/MSNBC.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Well dang. Who am I supposed to vote for now?

I was all in on President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho in 2012. :(

13. The Law

The Law Member

Like I said in the original post, I did not say I agree but merely throwing it out there.

As for the employee comment, I work in a profession where I spend the majority of my 12 hour shift inside a car (and it goes along with my Username). I spend several hours listening to the radio and love MAD Radio.

The rest of the day is spent on 790.

And I have every reason to be biased towards 610 as my best friend just left the station to move to Chicago and I can honestly say I cannot stand Josh on a Personal level as I have got to know him off the air over the past few years.

14. The Law

The Law Member

CF does have some of the most educated sports fans representing it. It's also proven to have some of the most bandwagon, can't walk/chew gum folks in Houston as well. Careful lumping the entire group as "the intelligent voice."

Used to love 610 in the morning until the new guy from KC arrived aNd has proven on several occasions that he does not like/trust my brothers of my profession.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Likewise be careful lumping in the GARM reactionaries with the Hangout think tank.

1 person likes this.
  16. The Law

The Law Member

I just read a GARM thread where the OP had an epepheny that the Rockets had two guards named Jeremy. I'm pretty sure that the ignorance speweth over.

17. The Law

The Law Member

Unless you meant the opposite, in which I'm sure it wouldn't take long to counter that argument as well.

1 person likes this.
  18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm surprised you ever decided to come back after how badly you were exposed as a bigoted, racist pig.

19. The Law

The Law Member

Now, now Derek. No need for name-calling, Pig is a pretty serious acusition to throw around.

I hate everyone equally.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Good to see justice still being served.