1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SR 610 Article on Dragic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm growing to love Boykins, but I freaked out when I saw him on the court playing with the guys. Good lord, he's small!

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Isaiah Thomas and John Lucas III looked like giants when matched up with Earl. But the guy managed to do this for 12 years, so he can handle it.

One thing about Boykins: He was pretty damn effective playing for the Milwaukee Bucks-- and Kelvin Sampson-- last season. He has a 17.6 PER and a +/- of +4.19 (+6.49 adjusted). He was selectively deployed in only 862 minutes, but these are pretty good numbers. In particular, the Bucks' defensive efficiency with him on the floor was actually 100.0 per 100 possession, which is excellent. So there are ways in which to play him at least in limited stretches without getting killed on D.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/boykiea01.html
    http://basketballvalue.com/teamplayers.php?team=MIL&year=2010-2011

#42 Carl Herrera, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  3. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Im surprised he hasnt got a player of the week Award yet.

4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

That is surprising. I'm not surprise that Dragic blew up, Bullard said it before the season started that he will be the player to look for this upcoming year. Most of the Suns players/fans didn't want him get traded, just like key players and fans of the Warriors that didn't want see Lin get released. I am surprise how good Dragic is defensively, that steal on Westbrook was amazing and how clutch he is, Rockets won at least a few games with his key plays. I really hope we can keep him because it will be hard for teams not drop loads of money on him.