1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SR 610 Article on Dragic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

You know DD unlike some I enjoy your posts and many times agree. So when I find people hating on you I just don't get it. In this post I read another legitimate response. An alternative possibility that you articulated intelligently and has some plausibility. Albeit not really verifiable and thus maybe not true.

But then you follow that up with...

"why don't you take off your rose colored glasses and take a look at the real world for once?"

...and that just blows all of your other comments out the water. And pisses people off (something I know a little about). If you could have left that last part out it seems things might not escalate so much. Anyway that's my unsolicited opinion.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

DD is the Skip Bayless of the GARM. Takes impossible positions and defends them to the death.

3. inishi

inishi Member

You're all hopeless, but if there is one thing you guys are good at, it is definitely ruining every single ****ing thread. Keep it up, making yourselves look like idiots never gets old....

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He makes a comment "just took awhile to figure it out" and we not sure what it is he thinks McHale said he figured out.

Can you tell us, since it seems plausible to you. What in the article do you think DaDakota was referring to with the comment "Cool, just took awhile to figure out."

Figure what out?

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

weird how the first responders in threads have the highest likelihood of derailing a news thread; often, because they are trying to continue an argument from a previous thread, by using the new thread as validation.

Are you just know figuring this out?

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

heyp, why are you going after DD. You both love the Rockets, this is a good thing.

Anyone have Goran's stats since Kyle has been out?

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Dont try to get this thread on track belittle someone quick!

1 person likes this.
  8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dragigo01/splits/2012/

Split Value G GS MP FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA ORB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS FG% 3P% FT% MP PTS TRB AST
    Role Starter 16 16 586 102 191 30 68 48 59 18 56 139 30 3 47 49 282 .534 .441 .814 36.6 17.6 3.5 8.7

9. don grahamleone

I think this is right: 18 ppg, 8.57 apg, 3.43 rpg, 2 stl/g

10. don grahamleone

11. inishi

inishi Member

Way too early to tell whether or not he can consistently put up those numbers over a full season, but like kyles, those are near all star level numbers. Dude is pretty damn efficient.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

When you factor in his defensive acumen, he is definitely playing at an all star level as a starter. Doesn't he have 22 PER or so in games where he starts?

13. inishi

inishi Member

I agree with that. His defense has been impressive. On top of that, his clutch stas are ****ing ridiculous. Don't remember where I read it, but he's shooting something like 65% which is waay above Lowry. His PER is pretty close to Lowry's ( I think Lowry's got up close to 23 or 24 for a while this year, but dropped to around 19ish.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, that bit OMR was just for HP and his constant sunshiny arse way of commenting...

:)

DD

15. don grahamleone

Yer face.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

One of the things I like about Dragic is his size. He's more the size you ideally want your point to be. I was struck by a comment from the Bulls broadcast crew during the game. One of them said, while both were praising Goran's play, that "He's bigger than I thought he was, seeing him in person. And he's pretty strong. He has good size." Something like that. I agree. I wish Kyle was 3 or 4 inches taller. Heck, I was glad that Kyle was clearly bigger than AB, certainly a hell of a lot stronger, but Dragic's size was a nice surprise when we got him. I guess I've gotten used to small 1's playing for the Rockets, and they all ain't Calvin Murphy, not by a long shot.

17. jocar

jocar Member

i looked up "Abzorbaloff"...
    [​IMG]
    and loled

18. dwnkst72

dwnkst72 Member

that's ok. I didn't need to sleep tonight anyways...lol

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Dragic reminds me of a European PG version on 1980's Kevin McHale. Of course, Lowry is a McHale type player, too... But I'd have to think that secretively or even subconsciously McHale is more drawn to Dragic's craftiness and this guy shouldn't be doing this type game than Lowry's bullheaded style. To each their own, but I prefer Dragic's as well.

Proper GM'ing should be about allocating your resources. There's no need to carry two near all star level PGs that are duplicative. Can they play together? Of course. Will it work deep into the playoffs? Probably not. Besides which, they need additional upgrading to get there in the first place.

Deron Williams is the only free agent worth anything this offseason. So the Rockets are supposed to renounce a bunch of assets to go after an upgrade, but only marginally, at their bet position of strength? No. That's dumb. Resign Goran unless the bidding gets out of control. A Lowry type contract makes sense.

Trade Lowry in the offseason or Dragic's at next trade deadline. A package with one of those guys, Luis or Martin plus "filler" might net you that actual all-star you need. Though looking at current/recent all-stars, not sure who that would be. Guess that's where Morey needs to work his magic.

1 person likes this.
  20. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's funny because it's like Morey knew he needed to get the average size of our PG position down so he signed Earl Boykins.