1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs win doesn't say much

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketMAD, Mar 21, 2019.

1. xaos

xaos Member

The part I don't understand is I've seen a fair amount of analyst say things like, "why didn't they trap him? Why didn't they double him? You got to get the ball out of his hands" etc.

First, there were plant of times they did and he slipped it so fast that it created a 4 on 3 opportunity. Second, they say it like it's so easy. That's just laughable third, pop is one of the greatest basketball minds ever, you don't think he considers these basic concepts?

There is no stopping Harden with one scheme. He has a counter to all of it.

I usually don't pay any attention to post game analysis or talking heads, but I was so pumped from the game I couldn't turn the tv off. Moral of the story is you can't stop Harden and do not listen to the analyst ("analyst") haha.

#61 xaos, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    joshuaao, alethios, napalm06 and 3 others like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Beating the SPURS always says a lot.

DD

3. biina

biina Member

In 2006/07, Cavs won both regular season games with the Spurs by a combined 21pts but got swept in the finals.

Dont assume that Pop has played his best hand in a regular season game where there is little to nothing at stake. H

If Pop has any great ideas on stopping Harden, wouldnt be surprising for him to reserve it for the playoffs when it would be more difficult to make adjustments.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

True, but I.D.N.D.I.O.T.

5. HookemHorns1250

EVERYTHING!

Houstunna, burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  6. smp

smp Member

I thought that at first too but then looked at where that loss put them in the standings. They needed that win as bad as us if not more so.

joshuaao and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

OP is making Harden-like efforts to be the new "it troll" now that others like swyyyguy have left us

Rocket River, vlaurelio and Roc Paint like this.
  8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

Some losses here and there and the Spurs will be looking at a 1st round match up with the Worriers.

BamBam and hakeem94 like this.
  9. biina

biina Member

The standings are too fluid currently to be plotting who you would play against e.g. a loss to denver could see GSW dropping to #2 while a single took OKC from #8 to #5.

It is more beneficial to focus on ironing out your own game, getting into playoff mode and getting as high a seed as possible, while leaving targeted game planning for the playoffs where it is of value and more effective.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is basketMAD swyyyguy? discuss.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

No single game in the regular season says much. I don't think many people here claim it does. But, the game can still be fun to watch. That has value to me. That is why I watch regular season games. This game was entertaining.

12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

But can we beat a Spurs team that deploys Dmo?

Rocket River likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was about to say.

The move for DMo saying something?

14. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Harden having to drop 61 points to beat the Spurs while the rest of his teammates look like garbage. Yeah, I'd feel really encouraged for the Playoffs...

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Spurs have a plan that will never change. Let Harden beat us, defend the role players as tough.

16. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Good point. Pop ain’t beating Rockets and Harden in the playoffs this year if they meet. Not gonna happen.....Pop withstanding.

17. biina

biina Member

There have been bigger upsets in the past. Take Harden out, and the rocket are very much beatable.

Given the heavy minutes that Harden has been logging, no one knows if he would still be able to perform at a superhuman level come playoffs. Cos that is the level of performance that seems to be required for us to win games.

I would take the #8 seed with a fresh beard over a top seed with an exhausted harden. I have no confidence in anyone else being able to carry the team if Harden tires out.

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

Most ppl want seeding not resting.
    GS rest curry today and lose to mavs.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If his shot is off which could come at 25% and higher probability in the playoffs, he can only do so much as going to the hoop and draw fouls.

It's like more than half of his arsenal is being taken out.

20. biina

biina Member

Do you know why curry was rested? or do you think they dont care about seeding?