1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 12, 2013.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

He's joined his teammates in a brawl in the stands and a shootout in a parking lot. . . . Real fists and real bullets. . . . Our team only does that **** in video games. He'd make James Harden seem like Urkel. Lin and Parsons: teletubbies. Not a fit for our team.

2. teebone21

teebone21 Member

lakers will pick him up

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I can already see his reaction upon seeing how close Lin and Parsons are...

"aw heyl nawh, aint nonna dat going down in my locker room! Get dat shiz outta here!" and probably continue to slap both of them to the point of tears.

That or the opposite extreme, which I do not want to know about.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

I disagree, a 6th guy who doesn't know his place will only hurt his team, he'll chuck shots instead of letting better players like Parker take the shot and he'll whine when he doesn't get PT.

It ok to have guys who wilt under pressure, if they play really well then you won't be in a pressure situation in the first place. OTH, someone like SJax who performs better in pressure situations than normal is a bit useless, when the game is on the line who do you want handling the ball, Sjax or Manu/Parker/TD?

Just take a loot at Delfino, that's someone who has balls of steel but also knows his role. Sjax would probably try to iso and shoot the contested jumper for the game winner, CD let's HArden do his thing and then receives the kickout pass for either the open 3 or the drive to the basket.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think the shootout involves him pulling a gun on a little person charging at him. When you are a 6'8'' professional athlete, I expect more physical toughness from you than this.

6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Javaris Crittenton > Kobe

1 person likes this.
  7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Was just going to say this.

Spurs backcourt is going to be banged up and thin vs. perhaps the best backcourt in the NBA.

Everything is falling the Rox way

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Still one of my favorite players in the leagues.

He's a headcase.

But he's underrated and can still score 20 a game.

9. munco

munco Member

It's wild they just dropped him. He's a good player and definitely clutch. I know the Spurs are deep and always seem to have guys step up but I don't think he'll be so easily replaced. It's too bad another team can't pick him up and have him play in the playoffs. He'd be a nice addition

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's a completely b**** move by the Spurs right before the playoffs. What? did he wave around a gun to the police like Mad Max or sumpin? Rudy never would have done this

Did I ever say, I HATE Popovich. F!cking ego maniac

What's next...

Pop's "waives" Duncan, Parker and Ginobody to give Stern a heart attack, just to resign them back the next day?

11. amaru

amaru Member

Not surprising. Pop doesn't do disrespect.

12. heypartner

I can't believe how many of you people defend Greg Popovich. He is on the level of ******* that Jerry Sloan and Bobby Knight chair.

1 person likes this.
  13. heypartner

I'm going to set you up with a question that I know how you will answer, just so I can say to you "You don't know your role."

Popovich is a dick.

Popovich...you are a freaking ego maniac. Stephen Jackson loves this game. And you are going to steal a playoff year away from him. Go f!ck yourself.

14. heypartner

uh, he just did. What? And he has done it many times before.

15. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Delfino still has room to grow in this department. He's shooting threes at a historical pace and is prone to trying to play Argentinian PG.

16. amaru

amaru Member

When role players disrespect Popovich they typically find themselves out of a job.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Remember Glenn Robinson?

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I read in an interview, think it was a strip club parking lot, and it started from Jamal Tinsley, two guys attacked Tinsley as they were leaving, then shots were fired, the two guys hit Jackson with their car, he hit his face on the asphalt, had to get plastic surgery on his lip without anesthesia. I forget the detail of the shots fired.

18. likestohypeguy

Can we let popovich rent royce white for a half season or so? He'd be begging to come back, even if it meant flying home in a cropduster.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Link

20. joesr

joesr Member

CD has a team option?