1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 12, 2013.

1. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Since he is a after March 1st cut, he cant play for another team the rest of the season

2. basketballholic

Pops wouldn't cut Royce. He'd just leave him in RGV and when Royce went AWOL he'd suspend him with no salary and no communication. Because Royce is guaranteed for next season it would be a different story. Pops would just bury him where he is and take as much salary off him as possible under the CBA. Royce would either come crawling back begging for acceptance or Pops would just kill his career by letting him rot.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's too bad. I thought he was happy with the Spurs, though looking at his performance I could see why there may have been some issues there.

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

If Popovich and playing on a championship team can't calm Jackson down, I don't see what will. Absolutely do not want.

5. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Dun dun dunn.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If we do go up against the Spurs in the first round we should sign him so he can break down their game plan for us (since he can't play)

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The difference being that Jackson's contract expires after this season. So, if the Spurs see little to no immediate use for him, might as well let him go. With White, they are obligated to pay him next season even if they release him, so might as well keep him and see if he by some chance gets his act together.

8. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

He's from Port Arthur, I think he'd wanna play in Houston given the chance

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I understand the business logic, but I would consider it so unlikely at this point that one might as well waive him now.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

we may need the salary space to the point of paying someone else to take him (or even use the stretch provision), if we waive him he's stuck on the books.

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

great news

SJ is underrated and would kill us in playoffs

12. Awesome

Awesome Member

"Pop asked, Jackson if, he thought if, he was better than Manu & Danny Green? He said, "hell yeah" Pop told him, "that's your problem, you don't know your role". Then they got into a heated argument." that person was asked how they knew this, and she wrote that her son was at the barbershop, and overheard Jackson say that

This is what Jax posted some time ago..that story explains it

[​IMG]

13. Ditty

Ditty Member

As a Spurs fan this is stupid. If I'm a Rockets fan I want to play the Spurs int he first round. We're a sinking ship.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Interesting point, I had not thought about that.

15. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Depending on what he's asking or is obligated to be played next year I wouldn't mind him backing up parsons. Sure he's nearly the basketball equivalent of ray Lewis. He's a millionaire thug, but he's a great teammate, has a huge heart and I think he'd be a good veteran voice in the locker room.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This. If Jack won't fall in line for Pop, he won't for anybody. He's a huge jerk and just can't help himself.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

End of the line.

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The Spurs are not a championship team.

Jax is better than Danny Green. Green has made some terrible defensive mistakes to lose games for the Spurs this season. He's a player that will be serviceable when things are going well, but wilts when the going gets tough. Jax, on the other hand, thrives during pressure moments. Also, Manu isn't even playing and might not be available for the playoffs. Jax was the only one that showed up to play outside of their big 3 last year in the WCF in game 6 at OKC. Dumb move by the Spurs.

#38 Kwame, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  19. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

I hate how this guy wont accept his role at his current age.. but just because he is from Houston i would love him on this team.. just me tho

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

At this point that mans we advance to the second round. I'll take it!