1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs Vs Suns on ABC Today

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by v3.0, Mar 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Fuse

Fuse Member

The Suns did look very good this game. Having Shaq in there does help them on the boards. Those hustle players were more for showing/brownie points with the fans than for any practical use. However, it's noticeable that they no longer have that high octane offense that once gave them the decisive edge.

They will make the playoffs and face off against the Spurs or the Lakers. It will be very interesting to see what happens. I can't remember the last time when there weren't any clear cut favorites to come out of the west anymore. Anybody can literally win in a 7 game series depending on matchups. Having said that, I still place my bets on the Lakers because of Kobe. He gets them that decisive edge over the other teams especially with Shaq no longer the dominant force he once was.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

As a side note, that last foul/no foul on Shaq (on Manu) is one of the reasons why Shaq will help the Suns come playoff time. If that is any of the Rockets bigs that is a foul for sure. They will let Shaq make it with calls....

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agreed and I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow was a beat-down.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Shaq doesn't get much respect from officials and never has. This year with the Heat he was fouling at a ridiculous rate.

5. kejohn

kejohn Member

This game does not effect the Rox magic number. At this point, the Rox must stay ahead of Denver to secure a playoff spot. We are five games ahead of Denver in the loss column, so I guess the magic number is 16 ( If Rox finish 16-4, then even if Denver finishes 20- 0, they will be 1 game behind the Rox.)

I think that even if the Rox finish 10-10 that they will be in the playoffs since they will will have 52 wins and I do not see Denver finishing with more than 51 wins, they still have games at SAS, at Det, at Phx, at GSW and at Utah.

It is possible that a team with 50 wins will not make the playoffs though.

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Wait until the playoffs when the games really matter, such as the situation with the Manu foul today. Shaq will not be fouling out of playoff games....book it...

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I admit to having a bad memory, but I don't recall Shaq ever getting much respect from refs in the playoffs while playing defense. He's just too big to get away with much. Don't let the one call today fool you. It may have been a case of the ref knowing he had 5 fouls. At this point in his career, Shaq is a slow-footed foul machine and the playoffs won't change that.

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Actually, it's 15. If the Nuggets go 20-0. We will have tied records. The Rockets have the tiebreaker, 2-1 vs Nuggets. If the Nuggets win the last game against us, we still have the better conference record. Unless 3 of those losses are against the West.

9. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Does Amare need to be more aggressive going for rebounds?

10. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

there's no doubt shaq can still bring it and he's going to prove you haters wrong come playoff time! :D

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

not going to happen, at least in my opinion...of course I am swayed by Hollingers long ass article owning Steve Kerr..