1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs Vs Suns on ABC Today

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by v3.0, Mar 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

shaq sure looked like he came forward to me. and he even turned his shoulder in manu. not that ginobili isn't owed about 5000 no calls for all his flops, but i thought that was definitely a foul.

and then shaq shuts down duncan like he always used to back during the lakers 3-peat when they'd put him on duncan in the 4th quarter.

i didn't see what happened after nash's 3 to make it 85-83 b/c i was watching UT barely hang on, but somehow the spurs just did jack crap the whole 4th and let it get to 90-87 before the ginobili/shaq play.

the spurs might have been able to bury the suns today and completely kill any confidence they had. now they might reenergize them with the win. the spurs **** everything up so much they can't even win over a team they own when i want them to win. i hate them.

2. CDogg

CDogg Rookie

yes, now, we win next game and become numero uno in the west :eek:

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Looks like Suns pulled this one out. Rockets only .5 behind the Spurs!

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What a crumble job by the Spurs the last 5 minutes from being up 85-80 to losing 94-87. Good win for the Suns. Good game for Shaq but he can't possibly keep up this kind of effort and production.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

We are 1 game out of first place and control our own destiny.

6. cujo

cujo Member

It will be interseting to see how Rockets will do against teams that have post presence like Suns and Spurs.

7. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

It's one game. Could be a half game if the Rockets win tomorrow.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

spers look old

shaq definitely fouled flopu at the end but i really don't give a damn in fact i hope ginobli gets a uterine hernia from it

both teams are trash compared to the rockets and even if they weren't trash they still wouldn't have a chance in fiery hell against us because we are the team of destiny

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yeah, i'm not really going to disagree too much. Shaq is still a big/huge body. We he goes for blocks he's just occupying so much space. I thought the shoulder was just part of the block attempt...they both contributed to that collision. I think it's a good no call given the time left in the game, because the refs shouldn't decide end games unless they are really sure.

10. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Spurs play the Nuggets again tomorrow...

mmm... :cool:

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

What were you watching!? You clearly weren't watching the game if you thought Shaq could have stopped. And you're crazy if you think he did it for show unless you think he leaped over a couple of kids for "show". And considering Shaq is injury-prone I doubt he would jump into the stands and risk hurting himself for show, especially when he knows his weight could have seriously injured someone.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Can anyone YouTube it please?

13. kty

kty Member

It looks like the Suns finally get what they want, a win over the Spurs with their own inside muscle.

14. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

No way the Spurs lose at home to the Nugs.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am surprised he didn't hit somebody. He would seriously injured someone. I mean 350lb guy diving at high speeds.

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

well it is a back to back and the spers did just lose to the Nugs recently so I wouldn't say it's a given that the spers win.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's ok. It lowers our magic number to clinch a playoff berth by one.

Speaking of which, what is our magic number right now?

18. MystikArkitect

You're naive if you dont think that he did that for some fan flair. Seriously. Reminds me of the first game where he was unnecessarily running to the sidelines when timeouts were called, diving for loose balls that he had no chance of getting, etc. But alright alright, I will concede. He did it to avoid the kids and risked his body in the process, and I don't know if you caught it but he also saved a kitten during the jump.

On an another note, this win really helps the Rockets and tightens up the West even more. Even on an 18 game tear, we're not even close to out of the woods yet. We going for the Nuggets tomorrow? I don't even know anymore...

19. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Shaq needs to quit with the attention-whoring "hustle" plays. Okay, we get it, you're motivated again. Is it going to be worth missing another season over?

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Obviously a huge win for the Suns over the league's best team -- look for the Suns to start reeling off wins as they hit their stride.