1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs Vs Suns on ABC Today

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by v3.0, Mar 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Shaq looks good out there.

I loved how he would not let Duncan help him up. That's old school attitude.

2. dookiester

dookiester Member

eh he didn't say any of these things. nice try though.

he did say tim duncan's bank shot is OVERRATED, which it is. he's good at it, but any coach with half a brain will live with him jacking up that bank shot all day.

he also said rafer is playing like the best pg in the nba, but that is different than saying he IS the best pg in the nba. i guess in san antonio that translates to "i'll take rafer over chris paul." like jvg said, if you understand the english language then you know the difference. he's obviously speaking with a degree of sensationalism but he didn't once say either of the things you accuse him of.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I guess senor isn't above lying in order to call us "homers" and to trash Jeff Van Gundy. Because he never said he would take him over Chris Paul and he never said that San Antonio's defense wasn't very good and he never said that Duncan wasn't good at shooting bankshots. But, again, senorbueno has to lie about things since there isn't any truths he can use as ammunition.

4. mic

mic Contributing Member

Pretty close game so far.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

lol, in the best SG agrument, jvg says there's no way you can't say tmac isn't the 2nd best and that he can carry a team while ginobili couldn't do what tmac has done these last 18 games, and mark jackson says but ginobili would've definitely been out of the 2nd round by now and asks jvg if he has a rebuttal and jvg says "yeah, i have a big rebuttal, but it would be all bleeps." gotta love jvg and nice to hear someone actually stand up for tmac on national tv. (even if manu has been incredible this year).

6. noize

noize Contributing Member

I enjoy the commentating more then the actual game which looks like a close one. The thinning spot on the back of Manu's head needs to go...its just getto looking and i don't think he realized that.

7. ThreePointShot

Shaq just killed 5 people.

8. RocksMillenium

Did you see that jump by Shaq into the stands!? Holy wow!! :eek:

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Damm Shaq could of killed someone. A guy his size would squash someone like a bug.

10. MystikArkitect

Wow that leap into the crowd was so unnecessary.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

wow...shaq was really cool about that. There were two young kids in the front row...he jumped to avoid them. He could have hurt himself. He'll make a good police officer.

12. RocksMillenium

He jumped because it looked like there were a few kids in the front row that he would have ran over.

13. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

The Flying Shaq!

14. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I thought Mike Breen was exaggerating whenhe said that Shaq wanted to avoid those 2 kids in the front row, but he was right.

The last camera angle showed Shaq did a good job to jump in between people.

A lot of times he jumps into the stands to look good, but this wasn't one of them. Big Acrobat Cactus

15. RocksMillenium

That guy has a ridiculously good heart.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

huh? did you not see the two kids in the front row. He jumped over them. "Unnecessary?!" he would have plowed right into a couple 10yr olds had he not jumped.

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Big guy Big momentum!

18. RocksMillenium

They just showed the replay and he was just going to fall into the seats in the front row and then you can see him look down and leap. heypartner is right, he is going to make a great cop some day.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Shaq is pulling all the stunts to get people to think there is still something special about him.

...but yeah good move to avoid squashing the kids.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Someone at the halftime show talked about the Suns "riding the big cactus."

I personally consider that a bad idea that would result in many a cactus needle stuck in your buttocks.