1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spurs vs. Heat] Popovich resting starters

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Commodore, Nov 29, 2012.

1. seyton

seyton Member

He plays PF now. Better career FT% than time Duncan.

2. conquistador#11

what? Pops is a better coach than scotty and his one play on his pocket square?:p

it's too bad that the beard just got hot against them in the playoffs. It happens.

team basketball is a beautiful thing to watch, and the spurs do it very well.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My sentiments exactly. Pop rules. David Stern is pathetic. Should have retired 5 years ago.

4. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I really hope that when Stern finally talks to Pop and asks him why he dared to rest his starts that Pop smirks and says "basketball reasons."

1 person likes this.
  5. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Oh my god

A) who beat da spurs in da west finals?

And what did Miami do to that team?

2) Boston wouldn't have even sniffed da east finals if D Rose doesn't go down, woulda been bulls/heat

D) bosh was gone for almost a whole series, pacers might have been swept if bosh doesn't go down. But he did go down. And he happen to came back in a different series, strained abdomen, out of sink. Took em awhile to get back in form, but they did it in time to face OKC

spurs woulda been roasted by Miami in a 7 game series, wit starters Playin heavy minutes, lebron/wade/bosh > Duncan/Parker/Ginoblee

6. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

You're just going to put words in my mouth and then rolleyes icon me as though that's what was said?

The man is not at all great compared to Michael Jordan, no. I'm sorry that there's some sort of generational thing going on here where the people who remember watching MJ play will one day have a quieter voice than younger people who think LeBron James will ever be close to him in skill and ability. It's sad but this is the culture of lowered expectations.

I pointed to James' 67% free throw shooting and inability to hit clutch free throws time and time again (2011 Finals anyone?) as pretty simple evidence even you could digest. If you glean nothing from this, let it at least be the precept that great players do great things. They're not simply perceived as great by a media engine intent on repurposing entertainers into shills for sports drinks and shoes. But whatever, "LeBron is better than MJ" is the oldest troll argument around. I wouldn't care even if you meant it.

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Tony La Russa lol's at the outrage at Popovich.</p>&mdash; Sports Human (@sportshuman) <a href="https://twitter.com/sportshuman/status/274362668092112897" data-datetime="2012-11-30T04:02:12+00:00">November 30, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The NBA is all about match ups...Sure the Thunder beat the Spurs...buts its not the same series if the Spurs play the Heat...

OKC lost in the finals primarily b/c Brooks didn't adjust...and it cost him games in OKC...Spurs won 20 plus games prior to game 3 against OKC in the playoffs...The Spurs are an extremely dangerous team bc Pop is a damn good coach...

10. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Son I been watching basketball since you was in pre-k, check my screen name, been watching nba since before Jordan was drafted. Lebron has missed clutch free throws, so what. You focus on that one thing and try to act like that negates the mountain of other sh#t that make him an amazing player. Gtfo :rolleyes:

11. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

And show me where I typed "lebron is better than MJ"

12. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

No, MY pretty uncontroversial claim was that MJ was better. That's what *I* typed before you went on this weird tangent informed by your not even bothering to read. Unless you're objecting to the idea that MJ is better than LeBron, there's nothing you have to say.

That's cool though, I'm glad you're just skimming this stuff, doing your part as a reader and all. You saw the words "LeBron" and "James" and thought "oh I know where this is going, I can probably just save some time here." Maybe I'll just

- bullet point

- this stuff

- in the future

- so everything is

- easier to comprehend.

Here I'll rolleyes icon you too now, you ready bro? :rolleyes: Ungggh that sure showed you.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Stern should fine all the tanking teams.

14. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

You're going to try to get trill with me? All I see is some dude who joined this site years after I did (and I joined way late), and who can't spell "Sleepy Floyd" correctly.

You're going to "son" me like this imparts some degree of seniority, while not even bothering to demonstrate that you have adult level reading skills?

I'm sorry if that confluence of awesomeness hasn't impressed me as much as you thought it would.

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

There is no way in hell SA should be fined for this if the league isn't fining teams for resting dudes for all kinda other bs reasons during the year. With that being said, what kind of pride do Duncan, Parker and Manu have? This is a game vs the defending champs who have a shot to repeat and the best player in basketball. What kind of star backs away from that challenge? You think a coach could convince Jordan, Magic or Bird to bypass 1 of their 2 chances against LeBron and the defending champs? Fucxs no!

16. Zfan

Zfan Member

This is one of the most ridiculous thing ever happened. Stern is teaching a HOF coach how to coach. Typical drama how a stupid boss is ruining his business. He is leading nba to dead.

17. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

What do when I join clutch fans have to do wit anything? :rolleyes:

Nice edit, kinda sad you gotta stoop down to using bigotry and racial slurs to argue. You must be mad.

18. kcplayoffs

kcplayoffs Contributing Member

they almost beat the heat, shame on the heat.

but LBJ+Ray Allen at clutch moment is really killer combination.

damn, Celtics really made a HUGE mistake.

and about Spurs coach, LOL, that's his personality.

he's a really great coach that every team would like to have, especially the lakers.

19. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

You're pathetic, dude. I don't have the ability to edit my own posts, and anybody who has used this site for any length of time would know that, so how could I be typing "bigotry and racial slurs?"

I've dressed you down using logic in the above 3 posts, while evaluating this for what it is, and that got scary and adult for you so you decided to invoke some make-believe race-baiting to make it look like you aren't the one being a massive tool?

This is the saddest thing. Please leave. i'm serious. Please just go find another forum. Maybe the username "Kobe Brryant" over on Lakersground isn't taken yet. Crossing fingers, right?

20. DreamRoxCoogFan

Maybe you should've spent some of that time learning spelling and syntax.

1 person likes this.