1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

spurs fans...i tried to tell ya!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Shandon Anversen, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Shandon Anversen

Anderson agrees to join Blazers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Associated Press

Anderson

Derek Anderson has verbally committed playing for the Portland Trail Blazers next season, ESPN's David Aldridge reported on Friday.

Anderson would get $34 million over six years in the deal with the Blazers, but he is holding out hope that a sign and trade with the Spurs can be arranged, which would allow him to make more money under salary-cap rules and would give the Spurs something in return. Either way, Anderson has committed to leave the Spurs and play for the Blazers.

The six-year deal with the Blazers would give him an out after five yearrs.

Anderson previously rejected a five-year $36 million deal to stay with the Spurs, but he told the San Antonio Express-News that his interest in the Blazers is a matter of principle.

"They would be doing everything they could to help me," Anderson said. "Portland doesn't owe me anything. I didn't make a sacrifice for them; I made a sacrifice for the Spurs. And the Blazers have a good reputation for taking care of their players."

Last season, Anderson entertained offers from Portland before signing a one-year contract with the Spurs for $2.25 million.

VERSTRADAMUS HAS SPOKEN!!!

2. Shandon Anversen

2ND RATE TEAM
    2ND RATE CITY

PERIOD.
    COMMA,
    EXCLAMATION POINT!

[​IMG]

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

2ND TIME IT'S BEEN POSTED IN THIS FORUM.

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002377.html

[​IMG]

Damn newbies. [​IMG]

------------------
    "I'll tell you this, the older I get, the less I trust people. It's true. It's damn true." -- gr8-1 going through some growing pains.