1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spritz...Cause who has time to Read?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roxnostalgia, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Member

Just saw this and wanted to get others opinions. It's a very interesting idea and I was able to keep up with the demo on the site. I like it for the mobile e-reader game as the smaller screens wouldn't be an issue.

Huffo

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

1 person likes this.
  3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like I wouldn't have time to think about and enjoy a novel if I read it that fast. Of course, that may just be my brain's way of presenting "we fear change" towards this concept.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

I don't really get the point of speed-reading. If I'm reading a good book, last thing I want to do is rush through is as fast as I can. I'd much rather take my time and take it all in.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

When I take a long time to read something, it's not because I'm a poor reader. I take my time because I want to make sure I understand the depth of the information at hand. This might work for some Harry Potter type stuff, but if I'm reading about structural stresses in high rise buildings, this is pretty worthless. The amount of retention of information using these apps is far worse than when you read normally.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I probably am a slow reader because I would have to pause that program at each sentence to process what I had just read.

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

Interesting. After reading all the demos and barely being able to follow the fastest speed, I went back to the 2nd fastest speed and was able to follow it with ease. Even retained that I was reading faster than 40% of readers. I NEED IT!

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

Once you get used to the speed, the comprehension comes along with that. When you bump up a level, your mind is just trying to catch words. Once your mind is able to catch up, then comprehension sets in.

I think its a great method to read faster.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

does it have a pause function?

10. BigBird

BigBird Member

definitely using this once I get to law school

loljk

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I need it. My reading skills suck and it is very frustrating re-reading stuff over and over again.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Repped and how much has it helped you?

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I use it for books I HAVE to read or just really long grantland articles. It helps when I'm moving on a bus or in a car mostly. I don't get a headache.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

This is good to hear.

My main worry is that the ability to retain stuff will be lost, or harmed.

Comprehension is one thing (the ability to understand), but without the ability to recall, I find this type of reading to be kind of a hollow victory.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

[​IMG]

:eek:

16. London'sBurning

I think if your brain is able to read at those speeds, it wouldn't take long to develop an immediate thought process like you would watching a 90 minute movie. Only in this case, the movie's quality relies on your ability to visualize the details in the book instead of simply sitting back in the movie theater and letting the vision of Martin Scorcese or whoever take care of the details of the movie script for you.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

On the front page this reads as "Spritz...Cause who has time"

I figured with this being the BBS that it is, this thread was about a toilet spritzer.