1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spree could be just what the doctor ordered!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rcketsfan1, Aug 21, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Spreewell is a mean dude. I think one of Yao's biggest problems is that he's too worried out being nice. Let's sign Spreewell and see if he can light a fire in Yao. I'd like to see Spree giving elbows and everything to Yao in practive so that by the time he gets out on the court to play an opponent, he's really mad.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Yao has plenty of fire, plenty enough for a billion or more folks. Just because he isn't a punk does not mean he is without fire to succeed, excel, and win.

3. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

wow... a Spree thread.

how original and different :rolleyes:

4. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think this works. "Mr. Mean" tried the neg approach on Yao, and he turtled. Deke seems to have his back. That approach works better, I think.
    We need Yao to stay "up" to be aggressive, not get in a negative loop of self-critcism. He's the sort of person who's always over-analyzing himself anyway.

I'd love a guy that busts up anyone that messes with Tmac or Yao, like Deke with his elbows. Have a seat, King James. That's a little different than what you said. Think about it.

5. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I have worries about getting spree. His numbers have diminished at a large pace.

Just for Fun I compared his numbers to our much maligned David Wesley.

Spree

PPG 12.8 RPG 3.2 APG 2.2 SPG .66 FG% .414 3pt% .327 FT% .830 MPG 30.6

David Wesley

PPG 11.9 RPG 2.9 APG 3.3 SPG 1.20 FG%.398 3pt% .375 FT% .857 MPG 34.7

Out of position numbers I will agree but c'mon now. Once upon a time in his first 5 years in the league Spree would have been huge for us. Now he would have to rededicate himself to get back some of that old fire. I just don't think the word 'rededicate' and spree go together.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

a) I've seen that comparison before
    b) spree tanked last year, those stats aren't accurate
    c) intangibles
    d) height

I'm not saying spree is what we need...I'm skeptical at best, but to say he wouldn't be an upgrade over david wesley..is a stretch. a big one.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

There are several existing Sprewell threads. Post in one of those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.