1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

@sportsguy33 The most realistic matches now: Hou or Bos.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apatel123, Jul 22, 2010.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

ANNNNNND......... you're the expert on winning Titles? GOT IT!
    Dude when Billups got to Detroit he wasn't considered a star at all. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! He DEVELOPED INTO THAT TYPE OF PLAYER with the Pistons.

Rip Hamilton wasn't considered a star player when he got to Detroit, but He DEVELOPED INTO THAT TYPE OF PLAYER with the Pistons.

Ben Wallace wasn't considered a star level player when he got to Detroit but He DEVELOPED INTO THAT TYPE OF PLAYER with the Pistons.

So your Billups analogy is a helluva lot closer to the Rockets than you realize. Look if we get Paul for Peanuts fine I'm ALL FOR IT, but don't bash the guys we have if it doesn't happen. If you take off your Rockets colored glasses you'll see OBVIOUS obstacles.
    The team is in your division,
    The guy is under contract (no rush to deal him),
    And he wants to play somewhere else other than Houston.

I would rather have guys excited about being here & trying to bring a title to H-Town than some a$$hole b****ing & whining about "NEEDING TO PLAY WITH HIS BOYFRIENDS CARMELO & AMARE IN NEW YORK! :eek:

2. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

I love our team as is. We have great chemistry with this group. Don't screw it up!

3. pge71188

pge71188 Member

i agree with you, but sometimes risks need to be taken to win.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

With or without CP3 we are going to be helluva team. :)

5. moreyball

moreyball Member

Trading Paul to Houston would sting less (no pun intended) for the New Orleans fans because our city helped their people out during Katrina! I hope Morey mentions this to their GM.

6. Pimphand24

Pimphand24 Member

Yea, it also makes it a lot easier for Hornets fans to switch and become Rockets fans. Not sure if the Hornets want to lose the little fan base that they have.

7. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

dude.. thats dumb. i hope he dont.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

no need to worry. That team is heading to Las Vegas.

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

People need to stop trying to get us to create the next Pistons.

They are by far the exception to the rule. When only 2 ensemble teams in the history of the NBA have ever won a championship, it is not a blueprint for success that you use to assemble your team.

It is one for which you settle for if you just cannot get that true superstar and all your players are in or at the end of their primes, and even then only if you are really, really lucky with how the players gel, the coaching system you use, having no injuries, and maybe not facing the stiffest road to a title will it work out.

None of those piston players were truly ever stars. They were all really good players who have good basketball IQ, fit well together, and worked perfectly in that system.

It is looking more and more like Rockets won't get one of those stars, which will be is what it is. I will still believe that it can happen, even if history says it won't. But you never choose the ensemble over the superstar.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude Just pointing out that Billups wasn't even considered a star when he got to Detroit much less a "Superstar". Anyway if you guys are going to fantasize and wet dream over players who don't want to play here then so be it. Just remember you've been told. SUPPORT THE GUYS THAT ACTUALLY WANT TO BE HERE! But I guess I'll join your Rockets Fantasy Draft.
    I KNOW LETS TRADE:

Brooks for Paul
    Martin for Kobe
    Yao for Dwight Howard
    Scola for Dirk Nowitzki
    Ariza for Carmelo

That'll give you
    PG- Paul
    OG-Bryant
    C-Howard
    PF- Nowitzki
    SF- Carmelo

AND WE'LL STILL HAVE OUR KNICKS PICKS YAY!!!!

NOW LET’S GO KICK MIAMI'S A$$!!!!!

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I am the expert on how not to win titles after watching years of Rockets and Astros, and Texans and they are clearly not on the path of winning any. Thats how i know. I see what others do and thats not what the Rockets are doing. Have been watching every sport all my life and this is how you get to the first round and lose again what the Rockets currently have. Texans you have enough to get to the playoffs not win a Championship because they at least have an excuse of still building. Rockets however are stuck in first round madness. Billups has been a Superstar ever since and still is. We dont have one. No Championships possible with the current roster. ZERO!!!

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

At least we agree on something. We all would love to win it every year but unless (MEMPHIS GM) Chris Wallace is on the other end of the phone from Morey then I'm very skeptical about teams just giving away players. IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN VERY OFTEN! IF IT WAS EASY EVERYONE WOULD DO IT! The truth is the truth. Please remember there are 29 other teams to root for.

13. MadMax4life

MadMax4life Member

The C's are set with Rondo as the point... they wont even think about going after Paul. Rondo has become one of the best points in the game right now and at the price they have him, they would be stupid! Rivers and Ainge = intelligant