1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

@sportsguy33 The most realistic matches now: Hou or Bos.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apatel123, Jul 22, 2010.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I love paul but that's two players too much.

2. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

just wrong. Hornet fans know more about the situation and Pauls comments than us. At Hornetsreport forum heres what one said :

"CP3 gave us an insight to his heart a couple of months ago. He said something like "if a team has to give up that much for me than what's the point of me going there? They won't be any better if they have to give up so much to get me."

So basically he figured out that if he poisons his trade value in New Orleans then the team he gets traded to WON'T have to give up much to get him."

So,it looks like Paul is doing this on PURPOSE. Its very smart. Not dumb like Simmons says. Paul isnt trying to "sign max" so he doesnt care about cap space. All he wants is to play in big market and win. Knicks have assets like ANthony Randolph which frankly is better than Hill or Ariza. Hornets dont need martin,brooks,hill,scola.

Look for a trade involving curry,randolph,gallo/chandler for paul

That way, Knicks still have cap space to sign Melo outright next summer. All three have planned this. Simmons doesnt know what he is talking about. Minnesota has assets but you dont hear a peep about paul going there. Because,Paul will refuse to go there. Thats why paul made a "list" of 3 teams, and paul hasnt refuted the comments that he wants to be traded.

I will bet anything that he goes to lakers,magic,knicks. Not because of silly assets,but because he wants to go there and LRMR is going to strong arm the Hornets org.

3. txmanincali

txmanincali Member

I dont know if I'd want to give up AB for CP3. I know that those two wouldnt be able to play together at the same time the way that Aaron and Kyle do... so I wouldn't be totally disapointed if we would pass on Chris Paul... I know what everyone is thinking... Chris Paul is a much better pass first PG but he's also had the time to prove himself... the Aaron Brooks that we saw last season was a score first point (this much is true). I think he was asked to do this because we were lacking Yao's presense in the middle. I want to see how he does with more than Scola and Ariza as options. Yao is a pretty big target and tossing it up to him shouldnt be that hard to do.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That would be something it's a risk. Chris Paul wouldn't want to stay long term wise... strikes me as a guy who wants to play with other friends in the league.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He does but obviously the Lakers found a way to lock him down and supress him offensively even more. Add CP3 and they are almost ubeatable even with the old dawgs on the Celts.

Paul brings everything and more that Rondo brought to Boston. Add him while giving up Rondo and trash, and you have another good core to build around without losing valuable assets.

6. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

thornton -they dont want martin
    collison- they dont want brooks
    west- they dont want pat,hill,scola

I dont think ariza,cbud is enough to get the best pg in the league. Sheesh.I can understand if a few homers here think we can get paul but for simmons to think so is just asinine. He forgot OKC,portland,dallas,hawks,denver,nets,chicago.

7. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Exactly my point. Rondo fits like a glove in Boston

8. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

I find it funny that Hornet posters are all depressed about Paul leaving,but they dont know whats around the corner. 5 words: new owner moving las vegas

9. breerox29

breerox29 Member

10. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

why would paul want to play with old guys like the big 3? I think thats why boston wasnt on the list. Why would paul want to play in houston with yao unknown? better options:

assets:
    okc - green,harden,ibaka,picks,
    portland-batum(who the rockets should have kept),aldrich,oden,
    dallas-beabouis,butler,haywood
    knicks-randolph,chandler,gallo,douglas

11. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

Isn't West 30 years old? Why would they not want a young power forward that they can groom behind him? And OKC? They'd trade Westbrook for Paul? I sincerely doubt it. Dallas has Beaubois...........but you just said nah to NO wanting a PG. Hawks have what? Denver has lawson..........a PG. I could go on and on and on and on.

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I say no thanks...

You don't sign a important piece like Kyle Lowry to a $6 million per year contract to play some big minutes off the bench, then trade for a star PG that will require big-time minutes as a starter. Lowry and Brooks have the rare ability to play PG/SG with one another because their style mesh extremely well. Paul and Lowry wouldn't exactly have that luxury... so whatever minutes Paul would need, he'd most likely be taking it from Lowry.

If the Rockets gave up Lowry for Paul, it would make more sense, but they would have to give up A LOT more than that... and I'm really not sure I'd be willing to gut the team just for Paul.

13. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

Green? Mediocre. Harden? Mediocre.

Batum? Pretty studly. Aldrich? He's on OKC. Oden? Injury prone and always naked.

Beaubois? Already have Collison.

Chandler? Barf. Gallo? Soft and Pitiful. Douglas? A PG not as good as most of the other PG you said. Plus the Hornets have Collison as you've said before. He's going to be getting the substantial minute.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Maybe a Chris Paul for Danny Granger?
    Or an Iggy for Paul?

Surely the Hornets aren't insane enough to trade a top 10 player IN ITS OWN DIVISON!

They have other options. In two years, (and ALOT of useless CP3 threads) He'll try to join the next great NBA "superstar" Boy Band.

15. SuraGotMadHops

I still haven't forgiven Simmons for the article he dedicated to how much he thought the city of Houston sucks a few years ago. Simmons is a turd and he also likes to pat boys' butts.

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I agree. Young, cheap, and expiring contracts should be sufficient. Throw in some picks.

Hill, Brooks, and Battier for Paul.

Paul / Lowry
    Martin / Taylor
    Ariza / Budinger
    Scola / Hayes
    Yao / Miller

Reserves: Patterson, Andersen, Jeffries, and maybe a 3rd PG.

Most realistic trade for both teams.

17. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Why are we starting Hayes over Scola?

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Theres no way boston gets rid of rondo!

19. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

Those of you who wouldn't trade Brooks and Ariza for Paul... what have you been smoking? Paul was second in league MVP, NBA all defensive first team, all-NBA first team, assist and steal leader and lead Hornets, Hornets people, into the playoffs in the WEST.

We don't have a nba all-defensive first teamer nor an all-nba first teamer nor anyone who leads any category on our current roster if my memory serves me right. Yes we have unselfish players, we play team ball and no one mind personal stats, but that's exactly why we need a floor general - just a group of unselfish players will get us nowhere unless we have a floor leader.

Drop CP3 in here and we'll be contending, instantly.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

If we have as chance to get cp3, you take it. He's a premier player and one of the best point guards in the game.