1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sports790] Whitney Mercilus on Drive Home 7-17

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by H-TOWNSFINEST, Jul 18, 2013.

1. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Sounds like a piece of cardboard. I guess you need a healthy dose of these guys to balance out the Arians and Antonio's on the team.

3. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

one of my favorite players. I've tried to tweet him a sack celebration but i get lost in the crowd (or avoided because of my moniker).

This is how he should end all sacks

[​IMG]

4. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

I love that JUST WASHED freshness!

5. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Synopsis:

Starts by saying he is more comfortable this year than last (as a rookie) at the OTA’s

JJ Watt came from rival school but Whitney says there was no rivalry once they were on the same team

Host asked about whether Whitney was bothered by Big 10 being perceived as a slow conference but Whitney says there was not much of a difference, “you find fast guys everywhere”

When asked whether his role will expand from rushing only guy (dropping into coverage), Whitney says he will probably remain in the rushing role but there are plays where he will drop off

Says he learnt how to set his opponents up from watching Antonio smith primarily and agreed that the inside line is among the best in the NFL

When asked about how good it is having mentors in every position, he says it’s huge for developing skills and for negotiating the NFL, “you see things you’d never otherwise see”

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Mercilus could be a huge X-factor this year. He got 6 sacks in limited time.

Barwin and Reed combined for 5.5 sacks, the lack of QB pressure in a blitzing defense was our biggest problem. If Mercilus can improve in that our defense could be right back on track.

And jesus christ he has a cool name.

7. Raven

Raven Member

48 days until the first game of the season. :)

48 days. :(

8. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Damn, is it sad I'm on here this early, I see this post and think to myself.....oh, it's only 6:20 am, this post was probably made yesterday, which means there's actually 47 days!! Let me slowly look up and over to double check........aww, crap! This guy's an early riser!

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's an awful time of year. No NBA, no NFL and no college football.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you forgot to mention that the astros are playing too

11. conquistador#11

you can't think about it that way. just 2 weeks for the first preseason game! the first three preseason games are fun and wet your appetite. the week before and the 2 weeks after the fourth preseason, that's when it feels like an eternity.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's not 2 weeks after the 4th preseason, it's 10 days or so. We are thrown off by having the 4th preseason game on a Thursday. That makes it a few days longer.

13. Raven

Raven Member

I'm not sure if this helps or hurts but check out my sig.

:grin:

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/BenTateRB">@BenTateRB</a> days to <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Kickoff2013&amp;src=hash">#Kickoff2013</a>: <a href="http://t.co/MF50B2ZTog">http://t.co/MF50B2ZTog</a></p>&mdash; NFL (@nfl) <a href="https://twitter.com/nfl/statuses/359698127177003009">July 23, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>