1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Sports] Who would make a better tight end. Shaq or Lebron

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CCorn, May 20, 2020.

?

Better TE

1. Shaq

2. Lebron

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Per Lebatard W/ Stugotz

In their prime obviously. Don’t make this stupid.

Please move to debate & discussion if too controversial.

Merge if already posted.

2. Buck Turgidson

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Blocking or pass catching?

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'm gonna go with the bigger target, bigger hands, not afraid to dish out some punishment and used to catching balls in the post or going after rebounds in traffic

5. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

I think Shaq wouldn't maintain his conditioning season after season, so he would have a short career as a tight end.

LeBron is happy to dish it out, but does quite a bit of crying to the refs when players give it back to him. I don't think that an attitude like that would be appreciated in the NFL and thus he wouldn't have a long career as a tight end.

So I agree with Buck Turgidson about neither.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

Shoot, two baseball players made it in the nfl in Bo and Deion. An excelled. I think Lebron could as an elite athlete.

7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

LeBron is really good at holding the ball and walking/running with it. I'd say LeBron due to no dribbling in football.

Jontro and JuanValdez like this.
  8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Shaq would be a LT.

9. Asian Sensation

Deion was a great football player that also happened to be good at baseball.

Jturbofuel likes this.
  10. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Yung-T likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It would be Lebron hands down much more coordination and Shaq would be too tall to play TE.

Just on athleticism alone Lebron would e the better TE, Billionaire Jimmy Grahm.

12. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Prime condition Shaq would be a heck of a sight on a football field. Tight end? Maybe. He could have been trained to be a heck of a blocker.

1995-1999 Shaq was athletic, fast, and huge.

Rookie Shaq was ripped and even more athletic. I think people forget that when he first came into the league he was big, but had almost no fat. He could also jump really well for a guy that big. That guy could catch some fades in the end zone.

I always thought Lebron should be a Defensive Lineman...super athletic and tall, like Ed Too Tall Jones.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Shaq cant play TE, but with LeBron, you're being short sighted by assuming he should play tight end.

The same thing happened with Arkansas QB, Matt Jones. He was 6'7, 240, fast and a had 40in vert. The NFL and media saw that he was tall and tried to peg him as a TE, but if you're as fast as a WR, why not just play WR? It's the more valuable position.

Miami steroids LeBron would play WR. Current LeBron cant play in the NFL.

Don't @ me.

Jontro likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shaq would be a great big target for QB's but I'm not sure he's fast enough to be effective over the distances of a football field. TE's aren't wide outs so you wouldn't send him on post routes but he still needs to cover a lot more ground than he would in a basketball even just in the red zone.

LeBron isn't as tall as Shaq but he's quicker and while Shaq is a huge target LeBron's speed and athleticism might let him find spots in the zones easier and he's also tall enough to be a good target.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If LeBron had chosen football he could have been a high level TE -- Shaq could have been an elite offensive lineman.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

If Aaron Rodgers saw Shaq just standing there 50 yards down the field he could easily throw it to where no defender could reach

17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

On a side note, most ripped NBA player ever? David Robinson?

18. Buck Turgidson

Otis Thorpe.

19. Buck Turgidson

Too tall to be a OT. Maybe a DE, leverage would be his downfall.

20. Asian Sensation

Shaq would be a good red zone target but that’s pretty much it. He’d have trouble creating separation. He’s too big and he’s not fast enough to make up the difference for being oversized. He’s definitely not creating space let alone making a play in the open field.

Imagining young LeBron at WR would’ve been intriguing. He’d basically be like Megatron with 20+ pounds and a few inches taller while not giving up much speed/strength if any. But even then just cause the measurables are off the charts doesn't guarantee anything. There’s a lot of finesse and skills that go into making a good receiver. Hence skill position.

rocketsjudoka and Yung-T like this.