1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Radio Stations

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big Shot Bob, Oct 30, 2007.

1. been_exed

been_exed Member

lol... i cant tell if ur playing or just retarted.

2. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Take for example this masterpiece:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AXxGd_-aY1k&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AXxGd_-aY1k&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The production, the singing...man...It is excellent!

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Did the NFL go to playing playoff series instead of playoff games while I wasn't looking? :eek:

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

classic.

5. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

right you are man, can't see how anyone bags on you for that. the song is classic as usual... after you said "after there's just 45 seconds allowed each day," i thought you were going to say "the NFL is really gay," but you rhymed obey. that was nice.

butdamndude AMR just plain sucks.

6. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Was it just me or did Matt Jackson sound really bitter about Art going to Baylor. That dude is HARDCORE U of H. What a badass. But seriously baylor sucks at football and i love that.

7. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i think i read in a chronicle article that lance z said some of the hosts from the old station had said some things about him that would not allow him to go back (this was before he joined 1560), anyone know anything about this?

8. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Nick Van Exel was awesome today as usual. Granato asked him who were the smelly players in the NBA. He said Vlade was the worst, always "musty."

He said Euro players in general are smelly because they don't use soap when they shower.

Lance also has been promoting the cupchick girls. I can't post the link, but just put it together in your internet browser. cupchicks.com/cupchicks.php

9. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

What the hell do they do if they dont use soap? Just stand under the water for a minute?

10. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Yep, said they do shampoo their hair, but no soap on body, just rinse.

11. Poloshirtbandit

There's already a thread in the hangout about the cup girls. Nick's show is awesome, the guy is hilarious.

12. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Apparently he is tight with Tim Duncan and said he was going to have him call in for next Wednesday's show. Nick said TD has a backback with all of his PSP2/3, his games, and even a TV that he takes with him all of the time!

13. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

What are some of the funniest things that ya'll have heard slip through on the radio? I remember on the night shift a month ago some dude was talking about some football team's defensive line and he said they would have trouble opening up a wet vagina but they tear up the texans offensive line. The night shift guys paused for a sec and then cut him off. It was freaking hilarious.

14. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

when john and lance were on 610,
    this dude called in and said maybe we should trade head for cat,
    then john went on about the benefits of having head over at and cat over head, effin hilarious

15. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

I'm glad John and Lance have their show again on 1560 The game, I just wish they had better reception. But I listen To 1560 stream until 2:00PM and switch over to 610 again.......even though I can't stand Rich Lord. He makes me think of being back in school and having your teacher correct your paper. Has to be all proper and perfect when he talks. Dude is just annoying. 610 really Screwed up in letting John and Lance leave. They are by far the best and funniest Sports Radio talk show hosts to listen to.

16. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

I actually like how John & Lance devote so much time ripping 610. It seems like they rip management, but will not hesitate to rip into Fizzle and Rich Lord. And one called this morning said he couldn't talk anymore because he had to go take a "Rich Lord." Classic.

17. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

1560>>>790>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>610

I am so tired of hearing all the Texans talk on 610 that I rarely listen anymore. If Jeremy Foster had his own show it would be better than Mark and Andre, at least Jeremy knows about more than just 1 sport. Other than Mark, Adam, and Jeremy, 610 is just horrific!

As for 790, it is difficult listening to Davies in the morning because I get so tired of him asking a new question every day that he wants people to call in about. He also needs to stop talking about stuff we could care less about, like his producter Michael Madvinski (sp?). He doesn't talk about the Rockets much, but at least it's more than Mark and Andre. In the afternoon I really enjoy listening to Charlie, IMO he's the best out there.

It's funny how a year or so ago it was all 610, then came 790 growing slowly, then it was nearly all 790, now as long as it isn't 610 I'm usually satisfied.

Pugs

18. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Blandameer is so over-rated as a play by play announcer for the Texans. And his "rock & roll" line is old, goofy, and boring! :D

19. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

Jeremy Foster did have his own show from 10-11 AM....."The revival hour".....It sucked. Nobody would really call while he was on.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

john lopez right now is so cute with his refusal to talk Vince Young. I wonder if Charlie will ignore him to. Both are advid critics. Charlie I think his head is just to far up his stats, he's generally unbiased, john is a hater. Some guy just called john and ted and said its easy to pass on the Texans, and john responds "exactly". then proceeded to talk bcs what a tool.