1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Sports Radio Stations

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big Shot Bob, Oct 30, 2007.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

so did anyone hear the wrestling talk on 1560 this morning

2. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

blahblah blah.

Stop trying to get all serious.

3. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

How ridiculous is it that the rockets have more wins than the texans in two weeks and i bet a million bucks the main topic this morning is gonna be football and the texans even though they had a freaking bye week. What the hell is there to talk about??????? See that's one thing i never understood about football. How you can talk so much about it when they only have one game a week?

4. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

In all fairness the basketball season started two weeks ago while the more popular NFL is more than halfway home.

Now I know Houston has a nice hard core Rockets base and over the last ten years we have developed a hard core Astros base but it will always be a football town and I bet even if the Rockets won the next two titles a Texans playoff win in a wild card game would still be bigger.

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

anybody listening to 610 right now? a caller is talking about the Texans and Charlie Casserly...saying Bob Mcnair made a mistake by hiring Casserly.

lol...apparently, the caller just happened to realize this. wtf? is this 2005?

6. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Im listening man, freaking unbelievable. It mostly older dudes who want to live in their glory days.

7. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

seriously we need a clutchfans radio station bad!

8. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Must be the same guy who called in this morning on John & Lance show @ 1560. But the poll question was what is the biggest mistake in Texan's history, so I guess the guy couldn't let it go. :D

9. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Nick Van Exel will be on 1560 from 8 - 9 and I can't wait to hear his thoughts about the Rockets PG situation. Zierlien is a Steve hater, so I am sure he will keep his mouth shut for a change.

10. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Damn, Nick Van Exellent won't be on today - he has a hangover!

11. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Matt Jax saying that we were being disrespectful for chanting "We Want Steve" at the game last night.

Just because Rafer was in the lineup during the comeback in the 2nd half doesn't take away that he was shooting bricks all night long.

Matt Jax, you are such a "wusp!"

12. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

Hey Matt Jax, if you had nightmares like me (see below), you would be chanting, "We Want Steve" too!

[​IMG]

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Seriously, it's time to get over SFat3. Show up in shape...be ready to play.

First it was Van Gundy...he was the problem. Now we have Slick Rick...he's the problem. Problems seem to follow SFat3...I'm thinking that's on him.

14. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

i see him a lot lately working out at the Houstonian....he is always wearing a few sweatshirts and pants ....like a wrestler looking to cut weight.....hopefully he gets is ass in gear

15. MadMax

i just don't get the fan response to a guy who doesn't show up ready to play.

16. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

agreed....he was given "new life" so to speak....hes got plenty of money...he is the poster child for a guy who got paid and lost his desire

it may go back to his earlier years...if you recall, he went to a junior college before Maryland due to behavior/academic issues.....then got pardoned when he ws able to transfer to Maryland.....went there for a year and was a model kid...got drafted by Vancouver and pouted like a b**** until they dealt him to us....and the rest is history

it might just be the way he is

17. MadMax

i'm not sure how that's even questionable. every place he's been "hasn't worked out." to quote the very talented ben folds:

Lucretia walks into a room
    because she does it's not the same room

The one she wanted to be in
    She says,
    "Everywhere I go, damn there I am!"

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

what problems did steve have here? making the playoffs, winning more than half his games in three of his first five seasons here?

other than his second year in orlando, most of the "problems" steve have are in people's heads.

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It's the old backup QB syndrone: The backup QB is the most popular guy in town...until folks see him play...then they realize why he was the backup QB in the first place...

As for SF3 (aka SFat3), he's this year's version of Spanoullis. All of the STEVIE!!! hysteria will vanish once he gets out there and turns the ball over a few dozen times...

20. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

John Mclaine sucks balls. Bum Phillips' balls.