1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Radio Stations

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big Shot Bob, Oct 30, 2007.

1. msn

msn Member

Calvin Murphy is blow-hard and a clown. He knows his basketball, but his knowledge of it isn't worth wading through his jivespeak and his shameless self-promotion, in addition to the worthless political crap I've heard the three times I've stomached 90 seconds of his show.

2. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

JVG is on the west coast, now on air at 1560.

3. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

I like John & LZ getting Kailee's reaction video to cup chicks.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yr7dpG6FwQE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yr7dpG6FwQE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

4. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

Charlie is the best sports talk host I've heard.

Matt Jackson and Adam Wexler are knowledgable and talk about all sports, but have annoying radio voices. Because of their knowledge I'll listen.

Granato (sic) is a total moron.
    Lance is like a frat boy who thinks he is hilarious, but is only semi-funny to his other loser friends. They should be ashamed for making fun of Gilbert.

Lord is a total idiot, that should keep his politics and music opinions to himself. He also thinks he is funny.

Davies is an automatic pessimist and his hypotheticals and poll questions drive me crazy. Please go back up Norh.

Craig Roberts is not funny, but thinks he is. Very limitied sports knowledge.

Calvin Murphy is about as obnoxious as anyone has ever been. He thinks shouting is debate. His defense of OJ and Vick is ridiculous. He should definately stick to basketball. His co-hosts are actually pretty good.

Vargas and Soloman are ridiculous. Their show is like someone is recording a high school party. I wish these sports guys would quit trying so hard to be funny.

Vandemeir (sic) is very annoying, especially when he does his lame Ted Knight imitation. Andre is good at football and nothing else.

Mike and Mike would be ok if they didn't work for the all Yankees all the time network.

Rome is pretty good, except when sucking up to those he interviews. Maybe "Chrissy" Everette taught him a lesson. I do enjoy some of the clones.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My good friend RM95 suggested he had stopped listening to sports radio.

I decided to give it a whirl. More music...less talk.

I must say...I find it to be far more pleasant. Maybe I'm just getting older.

6. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I have thought about giving up sports radio. But it is like a bad addiction I just cant stop, no matter how bad the talk radio has become lately. I should state that Pallilo is the exception. He has the best show I have ever listened too. I have listened to sports radio all over the country and there is not even a close second.

7. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YnqBbtfy66k&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YnqBbtfy66k&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

8. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

9. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

My e-mail to Granato this morning:

"John,

I've been listening in for a good hour this morning and so far we have about 23 seconds of sports talk and about 59 minutes 37 seconds of MySpace, Facebook, and 2 Girls 1 Cup talk.

Up your game man, c'mon.

Your show is starting to sound like a PG-13 version of Hoffman's."

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's been about two months since I stopped listening to any sports radio. I really doubt I'll ever go back.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I listened for the first time in weeks this morning. It was fine in that small dose. But I turned to Sirius Jazz after about 30 minutes.

12. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

john and lance rule the mornings

i guess it's an acquired taste

i've been listening to their show since '98 and didn't like them at first

mattj needs to move to 1560 so does charlie p
    and there will only be one sportsradio station

13. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

Agree with you big time. I can't stand Rich Lord or Andre Ware. Mark Vandermeer is cool though.

14. jamfan74

jamfan74 Contributing Member

My vote goes to 1560..mornings and after work (splitting w/ charlie p.) 610 in the mornings is brutal. vanderqueer and ware are just awful. listening to the so called "voice of the texans" is unbearable. i make sure not to tune in to gameday. He sounds fake and doesn't bring the real enthusiasm of a texans fan. he was brought from out of state b/c of his "voice". That stupid "rock n roll touchdown" crap just ticks me off everytime i hear it. We need to replace him w/ the old school Oilers announcers. At least they sounded genuinely excited when we scored or made a good play during the game...ok i feel better now. just had to get that off my chest.

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

A caller this afternoon/evening to Charlie Palilo about the HGH topic (I'm trying to remember as best I can):

Caller: Yeah, I don't know if this has been brought up before and if it has my apologies...

I wanted to bring up the point of prohibition in the Babe Ruth era...alcohol was a banned substance and what if players used it during that time, to give them an edge, it wasn't brought up during that time...(done in a matter of factly tone)

CP: (incredulous tone) So you're saying bourbon is a performing enhancing drug? Are you serious?

Caller: Well, if player takes a few drinks before a game, he can feel loose and can take on anything, to give him that edge...

CP: Look I'm sure players had access to alcohol even when it was banned and if you're breaking the law then you're breaking the law. But you're talking apples and oranges. I can't imagine this day and age having something like prohibition....

That call cracked me up, 1) Someone even thought that was a legit topic 2) He called to of all people Charlie Palilo who has the driest wit amongst the radio guys.

16. msn

msn Member

It's like asking me to "get my game on" on a basketball court. Not likely.

I started listening to Granato in '98 as well (loved the whole "The Bench" branding they were doing for a while). He's gotten less tolerable as the years wore on; I can't put up with him for five minutes anymore. He's like a 50-year-old teenager.

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

C.P. paints a picture like no one else. like i said, his metaphors and analogies always have me saying, "damn, that was great."

18. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I don't think that's an imitation. Sadly, that's his normal voice

19. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Just want to let y'all know you're not alone...
    Sports radio in Austin has taken a serious turn for the worse lately also. AM 1300 The Zone "fired" their best morning guy, E. Hogan, and hired a team of complete douchebags to run the afternoon show. I had to stop listening after 15 years...

20. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

is anyone going to ricky palooza?
    if so can you give a summary afterwards?
    thnaks in advance