1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Radio Stations

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big Shot Bob, Oct 30, 2007.

1. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Awesome. That is great Houston sports talk.

You can always move to Tennessee.

2. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Jeremy's show doesn't suck. He doesn't take as many callers as the other shows because his is more of a news magazine type of format -- which is quite refreshing as you can just sit down and hear a knowledgeable person actually talk about and analyze what's going on in the sports world without lots of interruptions. Just one hour of actual sports talk, and by the time he's done you're up to date with everything. The Revival Hour rocks.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

well for the dense who need this further explained,

a) lopez likes to talk about vince when he doesn't do well, hence the post

b) the titans did play a houston team, and last I checked, there is no houston or texas team in the bcs for that matter.

where's the fail pic with the baby when you need it. try again

4. JeopardE

Well, he's just being a good Houston homer. And those of us who are sick and tired of hearing about Vince Young can appreciate that. You want to talk about Vince all day long, move to Tennessee.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

waaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaah

both you and meowgi are missing the point to b**** about vince.

lopez is the one who talks vince all day, so own up and be a man.

6. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

VY sux! He is a good running QB, but his passing is horrible. Of course, he improves his passing against a weak Texan's backfield. :D

7. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Glad you like it, since you are probably the only listener to his show. :D

8. Jake_B

Jake_B Member

I hope Cougar High will hire Andre Ware to coach the football team. I will get him off the radio.

9. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

I missed Van Exel today on John & Lance's show this morning. Anyone who may have listened in can you please recap?

10. JeopardE

Actually I'm not even a fan of John Lopez. I think he's annoying. And I hate the way they try so hard to play up the jock image by interjecting conversations about p*rn every 2 minutes. The only reason I ever listen to the Monsters is because sometimes I need a break from Jim Rome.

11. Poloshirtbandit

wtf is your problem with UH?

12. Jake_B

Jake_B Member

I have no problem with UH, I just don't enjoy Andre Ware on the radio.

13. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I usually rotate all 3 stations (610,790,1560) in the AM, and here are my opinions:

610: What are Marc and Andre going to talk about after football season is over? Neither of them is educated enough to talk basketball or baseball. I like it when they bring in guests, but overall its a pretty mediocre show - not bad, just mediocre.

790: Brad Davies annoys me sometimes. He's always 50/50 on EVERYTHING, and then poses those stupid questions every day. I don't think he even knows that much about sports because its always stuff like: "Again, I don't know for sure" or "It would seem like....". Even worse he readily admits to not knowing something because he either "hasn't been in Houston long enough", or "just dont follow that particular team very closely". Roberts is OK from time to time.

1560: Granato is annoying - plain and simple. He's a homer, he's not very funny, and he just seems uneducated on alot of stuff. Lance Z is one of the better on-air personalities, because he has an opinion and sticks to it. Plus he knows alot about EVERY sport.

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

what's going on 610's online stream. i'm getting music instead of sports talk. before you say it's commercials, this has been goin on the last 30 minutes.

15. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

^^ i thought it was just me

16. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Andre Ware lost all respect with me when he said he thought OJ was innocent in the murder case but OJ knew who did it.

17. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

I haven't come across a black person yet who will admit that they believe OJ is guilty. Even if they really believe OJ may have done it, they will not openly admit it.

18. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i'm not black
    i don't think he's guilty
    i know plenty of black folks who think he's guilty

19. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Does anybody actually call in to any of the sports talk shows? How long did you have to wait before they put you on the air?

I once called 610 with Granato and LZ, but after holding for 30 minutes I said forget that.

20. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

I tried to listen the Blandameer and "Oh No!" this morning after a Texan's win, but even if their specialty is football, they still were too damn boring to listen to. I give up on those guys. Actually I am giving up on 610 altogether until they make some serious changes in radio personalities.