1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports games - Longest you've ran a dynasty mode?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by AntiSonic, May 31, 2007.

1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

On Madden I play all the seasons, and simulate almost all the offseason, the only thing I do is sign the most important free agents of my team, and sign the coaching staff, I sim the rest.

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

the most i've ever played in any sport is one season.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Ive played up to 8 seasons...by then, there is another game out that I start playing, so it puts my dynasty mode to rest...until the following year's Madden comes out.

I usually trade high rated players who are expensive and getting older for draft picks. I love stockpiling draft picks. I think in one year, I had 2 first rounders, 3 2nd rounders, and 3 third rounders...only problem was that I didnt have the cap money to sign all of them :( but it was fun, nonetheless.

4. Summer Song Giver

Trading away players in the last year of their contracts is key in any of the dynasty modes. Stupid computer doesn't know they only get for one year then they have to pay Pay PAY them.

5. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I'm on like year 5 of my NBA2K7 season. The Rockets have won three or four straight championships. :)

V-Span is my backup PG, though I think he's about to start because I have to trade away my starter - a PG I drafted three seasons ago - because he'll probably want the max when time to resign. Might as well get some first rounders for him now.

The last playoff is actually the first time I've had the CPU opponent, in any sports game ever, take me to a 7th game in the playoffs. The Lakers almost ended my dynasty. :mad:

6. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Only 2 first rounders and you've spent 8 seasons with Madden? That's horrible.

I'm the king of manipulating computers to give me high draft picks. Here is a usual draft class for me:

6 1st round picks (with 3 to 4 top 10 picks)
    1 4th round
    1 5th round

One year, I had 7 out of 10 top 10 picks. That was a blast.

Drafting the best rookies out of every class and develop them are the funnest part of Madden. I only draft 21 and 22 years old rookies (23 is occasionally OK, if they are truly amazing), and I value physical attribute alot. Size, speed and acceleration are crucial to QB, WR, TE, LB, DE and DB. My team is filled with super stars (90+) under 30. If rookies don't develop to 88+ by the time they are 25, I trade them away for more draft picks. I trade every player at 30 for more picks no matter how good they are (they are usually 99 at 30), so they can vacate start positions to young players. To avoid cap problems, I sign rookies with the lowest possible signing bonus. That way, when I trade or cut them, I'm not shackled with hefty cap penalties.

I play almost all games. They are fun. I consistantly dominate All-Madden level CPUs by 40+ every game.

My offense has only have 1 formation --- 5 wideouts (with 1 tall TE and 4 blazing fast WRs). My QB needs to roll out of the pocket constantly and run if necessary (Vince Young is the ideal QB for me). I never use HBs. In the past season, Vince Young had over 10,000 yards passing and 109 TDs. :eek: I had one WR (99 speed and 98 acceleration) got 500+ receiving yards in a game. :eek:

My defense depends on the best pass rushers. In the past's franchise fantasy drafts, my first pick is always Dwight Freeney/Julius Peppers. In the last one I did, I drafted young guys such as Mario Williams and Shawn Merriman, and they both turned out to be all world speed rushers. Shawn Merriman actually sacked the opposing QB 21 times in one game. :eek: However, the QB almost never gets injured even after getting blindsighted 15+ times by my rushers in games, that's not realistic.

Anyway, I love every aspect of Madden's franchise mode. I need to cut back alittle bit because it's just too much fun and time consuming.

7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I'm in year 2046 in Baseball Mogul 2008 :p

8. Poloshirtbandit

Madden 2000 I did like 15 seasons with the San Diego Chargers.

9. Poloshirtbandit

Oh, I think second closest I've done was five years of UH on NCAA 03. I can't even make it through one game of Madden anymore. I did two seasons with last year's NCAA and quit playing about halfway through the third season.

10. iball

iball Contributing Member

NFL 2K5, currently in the year 2030. I've probably played 95% of all the games.

11. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

8 in NHL
    3 in NBA
    11 in NFL

Madden has the best Dynasty Mode...since you can move the teams.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I cant do it with Madden or 2K. Unrealistic player transactions occur and I get pissed and quit. The college games keep me going for 3 seasons. NCAA Football is my life.

13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

maxed out NCAA Football, Madden, and NBA Live (and NBA 2k actually)

never played all the games when going dynasty. I'll usually play them all for a season or 2...or with NCAA Football, I'll play them all for maybe 4 seasons.

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I've done about 10 yrs using the Browns in Madden when I was still in school. Of course they were kick-ass awesome, and totally not like real-life. The first year was rough but eventually it became an all-Pro Bowl team. I agree, the fun part is the draft and seeing them become superstars.

15. Steve_Francis_rules

I think I've won about 13 straight Super Bowls with the Arizona Cardinals on Madden 04. I started with the Cardinals because I wanted the challenge of turning around a bad team, but I ended up winning my first season anyway. A couple of years in, I traded for Larry Johnson and he went on to win the MVP every year until he retired.

16. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

im currently in my 4th season with MVP Baseball 2005, baseball game owns, best baseball game i've ever played, and yes i do play every game, i try to at least play a game once a day...

17. Hmm

Hmm Member

NFL - 4 seasons. Not much of an NFL guy.
    NBA - 1 season and a half.. I lose interest in Basketball games.. It's too damn easy.. And, no matter how much I adjust the sliders; I made the Pistons elite defenders back when they won their championship.. The entire starting five was put on 99 in every one of their defense sliders.. I made Ben and Rasheed better blockers and stronger low post defenders than they actually are.. Yet T-mac and Yao still got inside with ease! Rocket's won.. But it was damn hollow. Too easy! I also don't like the fact that adjusting the dunk slider to 88 for Yao makes him a stellar high flying dunker, while sliding it to 78 makes him lay-up the damn thing almost 89% of the time he's under the basket.

Nothing interesting about developing Rookies in NBA games.. since there's really little to develope.. they're either storming right out of the gate.. or condemed to scrub life for eternity.

MLB - Long enough to see my personalized Rookie pitcher start as a promising yet inconsistent 20yr old with control issues in AA, and retire as a 13 time all-star 7 time Cy Young winner, 4 time Relief pitcher of the year winner, at 39 for the Astros. :) The transition from solid 3rd starter, to Ace, to lights out closer in the big leagues was great. Even at the latter end of his career, he was still a servicable middle reliever. It was also fun seeing him have off years, and watch him get owned through an entire season by a team he dominated a year before. Only to have him adjust and redeem himself in the playoffs of that same year. Which unlike NBA games, you could make as competitive as you liked.

I played through all 182 game seasons and playoffs. Except I'd sim two months worth of each season. The only part of the offseason I simmed were the last 4 rounds of each draft.

18. Christopher

Christopher Member

Played 20 seasons on Madden.

Ran three teams during that 20 years (Simulated the teams I wasn't actually playing during the season) and did all the drafts and trades and stuff.