1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports games - Longest you've ran a dynasty mode?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by AntiSonic, May 31, 2007.

1. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I've never had the attention span to go longer than a season.

Anyone with enough free time to oversee the entire career of one of your rookies?

2. WWR

WWR Member

In college, DiehardRocket and I ran a dynasty with the Packers for about 8 seasons. (one of our several franchises). It is neat getting your computer generated rookies and see where they are in a few seasons.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I went seven or eight years once, but I simmed some of those seasons.

4. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

i did two years with madden once. it got boring quick.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

9 years with Madden and 13 years with NCAA.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

If you actually play the games instead of simming, football's about the only one you could do it in. All the other seasons are too long. I haven't done the NFL in a while but I can make it around 20 years in NCAA football. Of course, in those games there's constant turnover so there's no problem watching freshmen turn into graduating seniors.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I forgot about NCAA. Seems like Major and I ran concurrent dynasties for quite a few seasons back in 2001-2002. I'm pretty sure my Baylor Bears only lost to his Cal Bears during the regular season, but never during the national championship game. He did have a 7 foot tall 400 lb kicker for four seasons. :)

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i maxed out the time on madden 2004. i didnt play all the games during the season, of course

9. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I did it for 29 years in Madden once.

Ernest Alford was my qb after Vick Retired. Alford went on to have a hall of fame career. 96 rating. Really accurate but lack of arm strength. Sam snell was my RB. 99 Rating. Barry sanders type back. Moe Kennedy was my WR. 99 in all the speed categories and i built up his hands to be like 96. He also went on to have a hall of fame career.

The rest of the team I don't remember. But those were the standouts.

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

On Madden

Superstar mode: 5 years

Franchise mode: Im starting the 4th year

In the franchise mode I sim all the draft and almost all the offseason, I just play the games.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

One seasons all I've ever been able to get through. Anything else just seem to be too much of a commitment time wise

12. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Currently probably on year 20 of the Texans. I don't even play the actual game itself anymore. The drafting, signing, etc. is enjoyable to me.

13. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I did it for 2 years once with Live but as somebody said, the season was entirely too long.

14. Summer Song Giver

If dynasty mode has taught me anything, it's that I can definately build a winner in any sport. :p

15. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

ive done the whole 25 yrs numerous times on NBA Live, and on Madden I did 50 years. I usually simulate all the games except if I go to the superbowl or a playoff game vs a really good team.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

on madden 04 i think i simulated all the way til david carr retired as the most successful QB in NFL history

YEA!!

17. Summer Song Giver

Like I said, any sport :D

18. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Good question, always wondered why sports games kept talking about how much they added into the dynasty modes...yet most only play a couple seasons.

19. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

eewww..you kept carr?

i did the fantasy draft and went with the go young philosophy so i could keep costs down and lock up guys long term. my qb was seneca wallace. Once i improved his arm strength and accuracy a little, that little guy was the man!

20. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

me too. i skip most the regular season and just play playoffs. the drafting, signings, trades, training, etc...that took the majority of the time. The drafting was just out of this world with so much detail, i actually had to keep notes. FYI, if you arent happy with your draft class. Save the game bbefore the draft and afterwards, if yours not happy just restart