1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sports Central]NBA Trade Winds Blowing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrfirefly7, Jan 11, 2010.

1. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

http://www.sports-central.org/sports/2010/01/11/nba_trade_winds_blowing.php

Analyze big names being thrown around in the trade talks.

Here is the part about TMac:

2. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

So the author believes that Houston is holding out for a player even better than Iguodala? If we could pull of an Iggy to Houston trade, I would be very satisfied.

3. macmurat

macmurat Member

That means, mac was just excommunicated, because he wants to play more while taylor gets 20 minutes or ariza was in shooting slumps since a rocket.. I dont know but that doesnt seem fair.. :(

4. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Askin for an arm and a leg, ya that sounds like our Morey...so then maybe Crash wasnt smoking something good after all when he started that thread about us creating the next big 3, with Morey anything's possible :grin:

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I don't think he's rejecting the trade, more like sitting on the "7" trades he's working on to see what better trade could come floating his way.

He did say that teams get desperate nearing the trade deadline, my thinking is he's waiting to prey on that and pounce on the Hornets (or so) for CP3. :grin:

May be someone else he's eyeing but that's just me putting myself in DM's shoes, what huge shoes to fill........

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Mac should have thought of fair when he started talking to Stephen A. Smith.

he made his bed.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

wanting minutes doesn't mean anything...

i want minutes but I'm 5 11 and not in the NBA...

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Continual insubordination doesn't mean anything? Sounds like a good way to get benched...

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Still, saying:

seems a little insulting. Sure, there are your select A+ players, and then the rest of your all-stars, to fill out your A players. But wouldn't AI almost undoubtedly fit into that next level of players, your solid A- players?

He's a consistent 18+ ppg, 5+ rpg, 5+ apg, 2 spg, 0.5 bpg player, has a + plus/minus impact on his team and hasn't had a PER stat below 18 except for his first two years (right now his career PER puts him at 166th all-time, and the 18+ PER of his last 4 years would put him in the top 120...ALL TIME).

That's as classic a next-tier type player as there is, and certainly a B+ talent.

10. kanariya

kanariya Member

some people already forgot what T-mac did last year.

Why does he want to play? Because this is his contract year.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't know where that author is getting his information. I doubt there's any chance that McGrady would net the Rockets a better player than Iguodala, and I don't think the Rockets are expecting that either.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Anything is Possible!...

[​IMG]

13. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I doubt we could get anyone better than Iggy for Tracy. Infact, if that was an offer, I think we would be dumb not to take it!

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He did not just want minutes, he went public with media and told everyone he wanted minutes. He should have been a good little boy, bided his time, played within the team concept, and earned his minutes. Instead, he whined about it, pushed the issue, and is now off the team.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It is not just about getting Iggy. We also have to ask ourselves, what else are we getting with Iggy and how would that affect us in not only the short run, but the long run as well.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Getting Iggy, who never gets injured, and is an all-around kind of talent....? I'd take that.

Dalembert to go with him? Well, it isn't my money. Tough to say. Brand to go with Iggy? Aaaaawwww haaa-yill naaww.

17. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

"McGrady doesn't need to be traded to get the cap relief that he represents. The Rockets could very well decide that they are happy being a slightly-above .500 team without Yao, and take T-Mac's $23 million and try to build a supporting cast for Yao in the summer of 2010. "

His case falls apart here since the Rox won't receive the full $23 million in cap relif this summer.

18. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

DM will fing a way 2 get sumthin pretty good for t mac
    He'll pull it off somehow cuz its DM!!!

19. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I like Iggy, but is he REALLY a solid #2 option for the future? I mean i think he would do well in a uptempo system getting out on the break, but with Yao in, we will run more half court sets and I don't see him as a good penetrator and passer in that setting. Kinda streaky shooter to. But hey, that's just my opinion of him. I know he has a good stat line, but on a bad team that can be misleading sometimes. Oh well, i'm sure Morey and his team of analysts have data on any possibilities that come our way. If he pulls the trigger on Iggy then I will go with him, but I just have my concerns with his game. Sorry.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What do you mean? we all remember the Toronto and Milwaukee games.