1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Authority Store Closing Sale

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cheeno, May 23, 2016.

1. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

I wasn't able to find a thread in regards to this but I wanted to know if anybody has stopped by any stores to see the sales or if anybody has gotten anything worthwhile from there.

C'mon posters post what you got!

2. NateNate

NateNate Member

50% off their merchandise = regular retail price elsewhere. Was never a fan.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Might not be true for this situation....I haven't been in one, but I did notice all the black and yellow at the location off 99.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fMiBVlXctM8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#3 Uprising, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Went into one a month or so ago, definitely not worth my time. All the good stuff was completely gone. Anything that is usually reduced in price is marked back up to full retain then discounted. This was also the case when Circuit City was going out of business. Their $5/10/20 game bins were all emptied and placed back at full retail, then discounted. Basically their last hoorah at getting people to pay more for their stuff by tricky ads.

5. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

damn,

was looking for a new fishing rod and a new propane burner.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah ive been to the one by willowbrook mall. Definitely wasn't worth it. A random general sale is worth more then their going out of business prices.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Any free items? I have access to a truck for the next 48 hours.

8. elrond

elrond Member

I picked up some stuff there about a month ago. Every store has different stock, so it's like playing the lottery. Was able to get a pair of K2 skates for my wife at about half price of what they sell for on the internet. Also got a pair of bladerunner skates for my daughter at less than $30. Also got some ski goggles that seemed like they were a decent deal. I'd say if there's something specific you were looking for anyway, doesn't hurt to go in.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Liquidation sale started today... at least in NorCal.

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I went to the one in the Fountains about a month ago, they have Lin alternate Rockets jerseys in every size for $30+

still $31 overpriced....

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I went to the one next to Baybrook mall a few weeks ago and it was nearly all cleaned out.

12. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Saw clowney jerseys for 50. Just can't bring myself to buy it