1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sporting News Radio Going to 1560

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pgabriel, Jun 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Member

It is pretty easy to understand the sports radio landscape in houston. If you are more knowledgable than a knowledgable sports fan then you are a favorite.

I can say that these guys say things all the time that make me smarter:

CP
    Z
    MattJ
    Wex

then there are the guys that are smart but really can't talk properly so they sound dumb. Those are:

Rich
    Granato
    Marc

then there are the guys that I wish were good but just aren't:

Sean
    Justice
    Neno

then there are the haters, they sound jeolous and have bad takes:

Lopez
    Delouca

2. sean1560

sean1560 Member

I wish I were good, too. It would make my job so much easier.

3. sean1560

sean1560 Member

By the way, how many times do I have to post before I have "LURKER" removed from my profile? Please don't tell me it's like 14,000.

"Lurker" ... I feel creepy ... like the ice cream man. And I don't mean one of those legit ice cream men with the picture of the Good Humor ice cream bar on the side of their truck. I mean the ones that have a 20 year old used van with a makeshift window cut out of the side and the words "ICe CreeM" painted on the by hand on the passenger door.

4. Fatty FatBastard

I'd say more than 3 times per year...

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Marc is unintentionally hilarious sometimes.

I was listening to the Adam Clanton experience this morning, and Marc was punch drunk from sleep deprivation and said something like "Its perfectly fine to shoot cops in the 3rd Ward"

Now, he was talking about the TV Show Cops, and was trying to clarify a previous statement he had just made about the 3rd Ward, but it was after Clanton and the intern were already talking about some other subject and he just kind of blurts out "Its perfectly fine to shoot Cops in the 3rd Ward"

I laughed.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yall are crazy, sean is multiple winner of the rome smackoff

seriously if i had one complaint on your show, too college football intensive. i can understand why, but I would turn to your show after rockets wins in the playoffs and you guys would be talking recruiting

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Clutch = God

Oh man you ARE a Lurker! Live with it.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

I just want to give props to the time he said Shawn Marion looks like teen wolf shooting jumpers. The teen wolf dance is the best.

9. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Member

Too tell you the truth I listened fully to your FIRST show hoping that you would be as good as you were on Rome. I would listen to you right after Rome at 2 while at work. I thought "This guy would be the best on Houston radio". I waited for it and was kinda disappointed with the result.

I guess you can't do what made you famous on Rome daily and you have to grow into you role.

Maybe do a "Sean Report" that would be your daily strong take. I think that would be pretty good. I would listen for that.

10. Miguel

Miguel Member

I always thought he looked more like a T-rex

[​IMG]

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s-YdLaLbU9c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s-YdLaLbU9c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. raw10628

raw10628 Member

HAHA......Did you really just say you listened to the FIRST show to defend your opinion after he's been on the air for nearly 2 years. Might want to tune in a little more than once on the man's first day before you're saying he's not good at what he does.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I was about to post the same thing. You listen to the guy's very first show then tell him you wish he was better? He is.

14. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Member

No just to say that I want to listen to him and I want him to be better than he is

15. MadMax

MadMax Member

he MIGHT be better than he was that first time you heard him. i'm just speculating. :D

16. texanskan

texanskan Member

17. sean1560

sean1560 Member

Well, we're in the same boat there, because I thought I sucked on my first day, too. But to be fair, I think we all probably sucked the first day at most things we do.

And trust me, four hours of what I used to do for four minutes on Rome would get old. Quickly.

The underrated subplot in your post is that you were actually able to HEAR our first show since our transmitter consisted of a coat hanger duct taped to a rake. I think this made you one of three people who heard us (with me and Harris being the other two).

18. Puff

Puff Member

I listen to 1560... Especially the guys that aren't good, and the guys that can't speak...

my two cents...

19. K mf G

K mf G Member

yeah dude this 10-1 thing sucks
    looks like i might have to give rome a try again or just do without entertainment during these hours

20. durvasa

durvasa Member

Can someone rank the best radio shows to listen to for Rockets talk? I really don't have much interest in anything else.

Charlie Pallilo sounds very informed, but his voice is hard to listen to after a while. And it's like he's delivering a lecture -- doesn't engage callers very well, doesn't seem to do many interviews, and there's little to no dialogue between him and others that may be in studio.

Lance and John are aggravating for the opposite reason. Too much talking and laughing over one another -- often about things totally off topic -- not enough focused sports takes. But I respect Lance's opinions on the Rockets, when he's able to deliver them.

Lopez and the other guy on 790 ... next to worthless for their opinions on the Rockets.

I like Matt Jackson's takes a lot. Adam Clanton is pretty funny, and I like how passionate he is about the team, but he doesn't come off as particularly well-informed. He's like one of us. Adam Wexler is pretty good, clearly very bright, but he needs to be paired up with someone -- MattJ + Adam were a very good combination for Rockets talk.