1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SPOILERS THREAD] Avengers: Endgame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Soul Stone adventures- a buddy buddy cop movie featuring Widow and Gamora.

justtxyank likes this.
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah it makes sense. I guess I just don't like it too much. It feels a bit like it opens a can of worms or too convenient when I think about it. I get it, but something about it feels off. Also, how did Cap return the soul stone?

https://www.thewrap.com/avengers-en...-makes-no-sense-retirement-peggy-carter-time/

I saw that article and the discussion in the comments is good.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It makes complete sense. 2023 Gamora fights 2014 Gamora, once in 2014 (GOTG Time) and once in 2023 (Endgame after 5 year gap). 2023 Cap fights 2012 Cap in 2012. They establish that there can be TWO of each character in a single timeline.

As @BiGGieStuFF said, but got wrong when Cap goes back (no alternative timeline, because there's no reason for it):

• Cap goes through the movies from 1942 to 2023
    • Goes back in time in 2023
    • Lives concurrently, in secret, as Steve Rogers from 1942 with Peggy (even while 'younger' Cap is thawed out, forms Avengers, fights, etc.) until either she dies and he jumps back to 2023 or he just waits it out until 2023
    • Shows up on bench in 2023
    Old Cap and Young Cap live TOGETHER in the same timeline. Again, they show us this is possible throughout the movie with the fights above.

That article doesn't mean jack outside of the author not understanding what they beat you over the head with the entire movie

#143 Xerobull, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    FLASH21 likes this.
  4. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I think there is a possibility for an alternate timeline because we don't know exactly what old cap does with his life with Peggy, but like you mentioned there is a possibility for no alternate timeline which is dependent on how incognito Steve lives his life, BUT there has to be a change of some sort because the existence of Sharon Carter is completely dependent on what OG Cap does. Sharon Carter's contribution is minimal in the MCU. She does help Cap and Falcon get their gear back in civil war.

1) They retire and live their lives out together (seems unlikely for a duo like those two). Sharon Carter doesn't exist in their timeline so there is a change but it's minimal.
    2) Fight the injustices of the world together alongside Howard Stark, possibly saving him from winter soldier assassination amongst other things he knows about.

But the 2nd scenario poses the idea that could CAP go back and just ignore all these things? Is he okay knowing that eventually it all works out somehow or could he intervene and save HOward Stark's life or does he sit it out just in case saving howard stark somehow alters Tony Stark's future in that timeline.

Would make for a great WHAT IF spinoff series.

5. Xerobull

I think this is the biggest fan question. How does Cap just chill for 80 years? But based on what I know there's strong evidence against a divergent timeline. All he has to do is chill and wait. Maybe he just hangs out in a cabin in the mountains and Peggy spends her free time there. Maybe he did influence things on the side and we just don't know about it and it's part of MCU cannon. Maybe he's part of the Marvel Illuminati and we don't find out about it.

Chris Evans is on record saying he wanted to leave the MCU due to the super slow progression of filming. I can see him coming back for bit parts ala Nick Fury, to nudge things here and there.

Heck, maybe he's at the root of some vast conspiracy to cover up...mutants 'until the world is ready'. It would go with his personality, always protecting the underdog.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Where did you read this?

I'm just curious as to the background of this "statement", not questioning you at all.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The real issue I have is Peggy. Peggy in the original timeline gets married and has a child who helps Cap after the thaw.

robbie380 likes this.
  8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Ok how does Steve Rogers become old?

I still don't get how he could have returned the soul stone, but whatever.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Any clips of the final battle online? Want to re-watch that scene.

FLASH21 likes this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I wander what superhero they’re going to make Harley or whatever the kids name is from Ironman 3 that was at the funeral.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

There’s a YouTube clip of Captain America and Thor’s Hammer. Had to rewatch that since people were going nuts in the theatre.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Washed Up Child Actor Man- Super high resistance to drugs, poisons and immune most of the known stds.

Will work for food or blow.

BruceAndre likes this.
  13. BiGGieStuFF

He has to stay in the past however long it takes to get the stones back to wherever it was taken. He probably can't return them all right away since they were taken in different years. Soulstone was taken in 2014 where Star Lord was. The challenging part is how does he get to that planet. Where was the initial jump? My guess is he jumps back first to 1970 to return the Tesseract. Lives out his life until 2012 to return the time stone to the ancient one. Probably has to interact with other avengers during that time to return the other stones. Did he face Red Skull while returning the Soulstone?

man that could be an entire TV series on it's own. Captain America: Lost in Time hahaha.

14. justtxyank

Maybe they could establish how in the heck the Red Skull ended up the guide to the Soul Stone.

15. Xerobull

He lives for another 81 years, 1942-2023.

The Soul Stone is the biggest thing I'm seeing here. If it's 'a soul for a soul' like they keep saying, he tossed it back and out jumps Black Widow. Very simplified but it's what happened in reverse. And it has to be there in order for Thanos to get it in 2018.

16. justtxyank

A simple explanation is that the price for the Soul Stone is a soul, but returns are free.

BiGGieStuFF likes this.
  17. Xerobull

So the quantum traveling isn't really explained but they drop in at different places on earth. I don't see why Steve just couldn't drop in on the two planets. In theory he has as many Pym Particles as he wants because Pym is alive again.

There's no reason for him to 'wait' to move around in time to replace the stones. He has time travel.

justtxyank likes this.
  18. justtxyank

Right. He can move pretty freely at this point.

19. BiGGieStuFF

you're right. There is more pym particle so yeah he could just jump from time to time. He probably just returned the Tesseract last and stayed there with Peggy

20. BiGGieStuFF

Keep your stone, I want my Black Widow back. All sales are final!! Piece of crap stone! What did it actually do anyway?

Time stone affects time
    Power stone makes you strong
    Reality stone alters reality
    Space stone lets you you travel from place to place
    Mindstone enhances your mind control
    Soul Stone? did we see it in action?