1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SPOILERS THREAD] Avengers: Endgame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

rewatched it. still loved it.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Should get more alternative Endings and end games out there.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

moar avengers dying. namely those with no powers... guardians included.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. biff17

biff17 Member

Dam Bob did not think you would be so passionate about this movie and you pointed out things I missed.

I do agree this movie was a disappointment and Infinity Wars was better.

5. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be cool if they released alternate endings and each one split off into a didn't MCU path.

Invisible Fan and daywalker02 like this.
  6. MystikArkitect

God this. This movie was absolute trash from beginning to end. Even the final battle was just fan service nonsense. Captain Marvel was total cringe, the humor was cringe, nothing is even somewhat believable.

The fact this got a 94% on RT makes that whole website illegitimate. I was as entertained with this as I was with Tranformers Dark of the Moon. Just explosions and convenient plot devices. But its fan service so I guess it's fine.

whiskeyred likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They made this movie like a 11 yr season finale. It worked for me.

Why did it work? It gave Iron Man and Cap endings, and that'll have consequences. I didn't think much of cap but them both being gone from the mcu was the emotional hook for the movie/series. The subtle nods to the past weren't necessary but it made me remember other moments from older movies. Fat Thor was like a death of the old boring Thor, even more than ragnorak.

Dialogue and plot was pretty derivative with time travel, but there aren't that many ways to resolve Infinity War. I don't think snapping people back and forth, which is how the comics played it, is a great idea and would've left that whole decade of emotional investment off the table.

Didn't think widow should've died, but I wouldn't gaf if Hawkeye bit it.

Fan service for billion dollar franchises mints an extra billion at the FO.

FWIW, I didn't think Avatar was that great but I don't remember watching it in theaters or in 3d. It's half a waste to watch these blockbuster movies the first time at home.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think it's just that I had heard it was not as good as I.W. but still pretty good. I just went into it uncalibrated, expecting at least medium level MCU or better..

But you're right. I guess I cared more than I knew! LOL.