1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SPOILERS THREAD] Avengers: Endgame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I don't think the Soul Stone follows the other "rules" of the other stones. Hawkeye was the one that the Soul Stone "recognized" as the rightful holder, so it probably wouldn't make sense for him not to be able to hold it. If anyone else but Hawkeye held it, it would probably roast them like the Power Stone.

Maybe Nebula didn't know all the details surrounding the Soul Stone and how it is retrieved. All she knew was the location and that Gamora died for it. I dunno if Nebula actually explained all the ins and outs...

...but if she did, maybe Hawkeye and BW just didn't believe it to be true? Also, the two non-powered people were sent to get the Soul Stone probably because it was the easiest one to retrieve. No defense, no real danger. Just good ol' sacrifice.

seclusion likes this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I wonder what's going to happen with Hulk, now. Is Ruffalo going to get a solo movie, or is the Hulk's story done, as well?

Honestly, if Ragnarok didn't do so well, I think Thor could have been written out of future movies as well, thus retiring all the original avengers in some way.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I still haven't seen a logical explanation for how past Nebula brought past Thanos into the future. The movie implied one Pym particle per person per journey. Future Nebula traveled backwards with only one Pym particle to travel forwards to her original time line. But past Nebula used that Pym particle to travel into the future. Past Thanos has no Pym particles. So how does his whole army get jumped in time?

Kim, Poloshirtbandit and mrm32 like this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It looks like Thor is joining the Guardians crew. I don't see any other original Avenger possibly getting any more future screentime though. I also can't believe Tony Stark died, tragic since he was the one that had the most to lose in the second go around.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

Got a tingly sensation in my pants when Cap picked up the hammer :eek:

FLASH21 and Kim like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

New Hulk reminds me of that guy.

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang, Ubiquitin and Kim like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Good question. Saw this explanation from https://bgr.com/2019/04/25/stan-lee-new-superhero-audio-drama-audible/

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ms. Scarlet, in the Conservatory, with the Rope.

BruceAndre likes this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

I actually think this was a really good way to close out Tony Stark's story. I wouldn't even know what ideas would be brewing if there was an Iron Man 4 in the works. But Stark dying not only causes everything to come full circle (he essentially sacrificed his life in the first Avengers film to save everyone) but it also allows future Marvel heroes to shine without the Iron Man crutch.

If Stark lived, he'd have to be in the next Avengers film, and he'd just seem out of place without BW, Cap and the rest of the original Avengers.

10. Xerobull

For future Avengers movies, it will be very different- my buddy and I are throwing around both Lady Avengers (which some of the actors are lobbying for) and Young Avengers, which they were sort of setting up anyway with Spider Man and the rest of Tony's 'kids'. He also pointed out that the cheeseburgers scene with happy might have been a metaphor for Happy giving Tony's daughter Morgan tech. They show that she's already curious about it.

What really intrigues me is the adventures Cap had when he went back to put the stones back.

The shield at the end- I was trying to figure out where it came from, and my buddy noted that it might be the 'original' shield that was lost when Cap crashed in the first movie. I -think- the shield that Cap gets was made by Tony. Little fuzzy on that one.

My theory is that he 'traded' the Soul Stone back for Black Widow. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the tech to get her off the planet, so she might get saved by GOTG or Capt. Marvel or some other space group in 2014 in her own Solo movie. It also makes sense because in Infinity War, in 2018, there is no body and the soul stone is back.

Returning the others seems fairly straightforward but it's probably enough to either make another movie or at least a long cameo flashback for Steve at some point in the future. I know that Chris Evans said he wanted to be done, but dat money....

#10 Xerobull, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I read the book so I know that everyone dies

Jontro likes this.
  12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

So what’s up with Cap using the hammer? Is that a comic book thing or is he supposed to be that strong? Why did Thor say “I knew it!” when Cap came in swinging with it?

****ing awesome movie.

Uprising likes this.
  13. marky :)

Only the worthy can wield it. One of the previous movies the avengers tried to lift the hammer at a party with Thor. No one could lift it but cap made it wiggle and Thor noticed.

zeeshan2 and BigM like this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think he was deemed "worthy" by Mjolnir. Which, I guess Mjolnir ain't exactly loyal, because Thor could wield it just the same. So I guess anyone who's worthy can wield it, and it's not only locked to one person.

They teased Cap being worthy too, in Age of Ultron. It was really cool when he picked it up in Endgame.

EDIT: ninja'd by @marky :)

BigM likes this.
  15. marky :)

Forgot to add that yes in the comics he’s wielded it.

BigM likes this.
  16. CCorn

CCorn Member

So... Thor v Adam?

Xerobull likes this.
  17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I thought they weren’t suppose to interact with anyone from the past?

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

They established that they weren’t following back to the future rules.

Their rules were similar to future man actually

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. Xerobull

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Why does captain America have lightening power when he wields the hammer? Doesn't Anthony Hopkins, in the last thor movie, say the hammer isn't the source of thor's power?

Rocket River likes this.