1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miguel, Jul 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

What about bringing Jack back as the Joker? Too old?

[​IMG]

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

Wouldn't want to embarrass the old man after Ledger blew his Joker away.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lets be real, nobody is going to touch Ledger's performance. Two different movies, two different directors. Joker is suppose to be in Jail right? Well, jail tends to change ones appearance. Joker gets older, more dark. I feel Nolan can do good things with Jack. BUT, maybe they scrap the Joker all together? Just leave it how it ended.

4. lpbman

lpbman Member

I think Depp is the best hope of saving the Joker... and if we're being real, the Joker is THE bad guy for Batman movies. The guy who "wants to see the world burn" vs the man who can't sleep at night while injustice still exists.

5. Hmm

Hmm Member

if Ledger was as perfect as advertised and proclaimed.. it'd be best to just leave the character be if it can't be improved upon..

Depp would be a better Riddler..

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Just got back from it.

Batman's "intimidating" and "brooding" voice is overly forced and way stupid.

Ledger nailed it. Damn it Heath, why the eff did you die?

7. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Just saw it.. yeah late to the party as usual. Not too shabby..

I think in the next batman movie they should just do a CGI of the Joker falling to his death when he was hanging upside down from that building. There ya go.. I just solved all the Joker problems.

8. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

You know that is a nice sentiment and all and I agree wholeheartedly, but given what we know about Hollywood today and their unending quest to make as much money as possible (whether it is a good idea or not) do you think Warner Bros/Legendary Pictures is actually going to give up the Joker character to preserve Ledgers performance for us the fans.

Or do you think they will go with the best actor they can find to try to duplicate Ledger's performance and once again try to score a monumental payday like they are reaping at this very moment.

To be honest I think they will go after another huge payday with another actor regardless of what we say or think even if it is a bad idea and Ledger's version of Joker is the best we will ever see.

9. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Remember when Ledger was first announced to be Joker? A lot of people had doubts, but fortunately he delivered and holy schytte did he ever! I'm saying maybe they might just be able to do the same. Find someone that has something to prove and score another brilliant performance. Besides, with all the makeup and paint the Joker wears, it might not be too difficult to make a replica of Ledger's face.

I personally would like to see another villain shine, despite Ledgers legendary performance. Another Joker episode might be a drag.

10. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

I agree with this as well and I don't think we will hear a peep from the Joker in the next one although I could see them having him escape Arkham (as he does so often in the comics) at the end of the next one if they intend to use him again.

For the next one I would personally like the see him go up against Bane and not the simple minded version from the travesty that is "Batman & Robin". I want the version that is portrayed in the comics. The Bane that is one of Batman's most manipulative, intelligent and physically strongest adversaries. The Bane that is constantly hunting Batman with the sole purpose of destroying him.

As far as the next love interest/Supervillainess/Anti Heroine I could also see them easily going with one of the two perennial loves of Batman's life ie: Talia al Ghul or Selina Kyle aka: Catwoman.

#70 rcoleman15, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  11. LeoneWestern

LeoneWestern Rookie

I want to see Batman and catwoman get it on in the bat cave...

12. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

For some reason this movie was emotionally draining to me like it did to so many other people. Does that make me a bad person?

I also chuckled a bit when..
    Batman opened the door and it was Harvey Dent instead of Rachel. Then he actually had to fake it and saved Dent and acted like he wanted to in the first place

13. cardpire

cardpire Member

do you guys think it's safe to say that the Joker's backstory will be told in the next one?

14. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

I remember reading that Nolan intentionally did not put a back story into the Dark Knight because he wanted the Joker to be pure madness, no explanation. It makes sense because the Joker was trying to destroy the social order and if there was a clear "reason" he was so crazy, it would make more sense. You saw this when he told different stories to the Mafia boss and to Rachel about how he got his scars. I can't imagine they would go back and try to explain him...

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

my browser stopped showing images suddenly. like i cant see the nicholson joker a few posts up. any idea why?

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

All this talk about bringing Joker back; there really is no need right now. Nolan, the crew and cast all signed on to do three films. So you could very assume that they may in fact be done after the next one...so bring in another villain that can finish Batman/Bruce Wayne's story arc in this set of films...bring him back full circle, set him up for the crime fighter/superhero he forever becomes. Then let the franchise take a short hiatus...and come back with a fresh crew, cast and director and churn out new Batman stories that could possibly take a more "popcorn" approach (and hence could involve other villains that wouldn't work in Nolan's universe) while still staying grounded. Then you could bring back the Joker and you could have another actor bring his take to the character, while of course using the influences of Nicholson and Ledger as preparation for the role.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think it's safe to say that won't happen. Nolan has already said he didn't think an origin story was appropriate for his Joker. There's no rhyme or reason to his actions -- he's just an agent of chaos.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

SPOILER ... (just in case)

I have a question about the scene when Jim Gordan is revealed to still be alive. Perhaps I wasn't paying close enough attention, but where did he come from? Was he undercover as one of Joker's henchman, or what? That scene was sort of a blur for me.

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

He was driving the SWAT van that Dent was in.

20. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Yea, I kinda missed that part too. I knew that driver was a little suspicious under the helmet and when he didn't talk at all during the chase. Thought he was gonna be a traitor cop.