1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miguel, Jul 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

That was the case for me on a regular screen as well. I was at the Fountains out in Stafford.

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I saw it both ways and thought that the regular screen showing was far worse with painful noise levels. Didn't have any sound issues at IMAX.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I noticed it too. I saw it on IMAX twice and didn't have any problems with the sound, but at the Stafford Loews it was jacked up, the music was so loud it drowned out dialogue. I don't think anybody there even heard what Gordon said during the end.

4. hoopstar

hoopstar Member

does no one know about whats going on with morgan freeman's character, fox? and anyone with the alternate endings before Heath Ledger's death?

5. tomato

tomato Member

What do you want to know about Fox? How do you think they changed the ending? Would they go out of their way to change the ending to show the Joker survive when their actor died?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He stays at Wayne Enterprises? Or is Wayne Industries and Stark Enterprise? Whatever, he stays. If thats what you are asking.

7. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I thought he quit...

8. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Nope...Bruce rigged the sonar to self-destruct when Fox typed in his name. Therefore, he didn't have to leave the company (out of principle).

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I finally saw this on Friday and I must say, it lived up to all the hype and more. I was so afraid that I would not love this movie like everyone else, but those fears were unfounded. And that's great because I didn't love Begins quite as much as most. I thought it was good but had some serious flaws. Dark Knight had no such major flaws. It was damn near perfect.

I absolutely loved the way the Joker was portrayed, both in Ledger's performance and in Nolan's choices of where to go with the character. At first it bothered me that we got no backstory on him, but after I thought about it leaving the theater I realized it was for the best (I hadn't read or heard Nolan's comments on why he did no backstory). It left everything in question and almost refined Joker's part down to a force of nature. As if he embodied Chaos itself and really had no human backstory. Pretty creepy.

I also loved how freaking brilliant he was. He had everyone figured out and the only misstep he took was underestimating what the people on the boats would do (and in a way, he pretty had them nailed since they overwhelmingly voted to hit the button...but no one quite had the guts to be the one to do it). How he turned Dent was perfect, and I thought it was cool that had he failed in redirecting Harvey's anger and sense of injustice, then the hospital explosion would have killed him and the Joker would have still succeeded in creating chaos by killing Gotham's White Knight.

I suppose the bombs that went off killing Rachel and almost killing Dent had to be timed by Joker. Maybe he had some idea of how quick Batman could get to his destination and how fast the cops would get to theirs because he had to time it just right when he finally "gave in" and told Batman the locations.

I know the bank job was the official introduction of Joker, but I thought the Magic Pencil was the perfect little microcosm of what made him so effective. He was kind of funny, but in an untraditional sense, coldly calculating and prepared and totally unpredictable and deadly. I really need to see it again to catch all the little things...and there were many.

I thought it was odd that in a Batman movie, the Batman character really was one of the least interesting. And that's not meant as a criticism. Bale is a great Wayne and a damn good Batman, but the casting in this film was great and everyone had great performances. Alfred, Dent, Joker, Gordon...even Rachel was good in the limited time she had (certainly better than Holmes...although I am glad they killed the character off - I think they could do way better with a new, fresh female lead). It will be difficult to match this level of artistry in another Batman movie without the Joker (more specifically without Ledger's Joker). In a way, I am sort of pulling for Nolan to not make another...because I feel like it will be hard for it to not be a letdown in comparison. I don't know...maybe I just need more faith in the guy.

10. askball

askball Member

Quick question...who were the five people (two police officers) that Harvey Dent killed and Batman took the blame for? I know one was the officer at the bar and two were moroni and his driver. So there's three. I presumed he let Ramirez live after she survived the coin flip?

Who am I forgetting?

11. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

I might have a possible answer.

As you stated we know about Maroni, his driver, and the dirty cop that transported/kidnapped Harvey.

The only other deaths I can think of that happened in and around Harvey was while he was at the hospital and those deaths were actually at the hands of the Joker.

One might be the cop that got shot in the chest as he entered Harvey's room.

The other might be the person the cop was trying to communicate to but couldn't get a hold of Davis. Though we never see Davis his/her purpose was to wheel Harvey out for transportation to another location. Because this Davis just up and vanished one can assume the Joker probably killed him/her.

Now because no one ever knew the Joker was with Harvey at that time they probably just attributed those deaths to Dent.

Now depending if Davis was not a cop and he/she was a hospital employee that would bring the number up to "five dead two of them cops" as Gordon put it.

Hopefully we will get a DVD commentary in the future that will explain exactly who the two other deaths were.

12. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I've been trying to figure that out too. Somebody mentioned that it looks like Harvey quckly takes out one of Maroni's guys right before he gets into the car. That might be number 4. Maybe the bartender was number 5? What I want to know is how Gordon and Batman knew how many people were killed. I think Gordon says 2 cops, so maybe they blame him for the officer at the hospital.

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I think letting Ramirez live would fubar the ending considering they're trying to cover up Dent's murders. Ramirez living makes that a risk since she could just spill the beans that Harvey did it and not Batman.

14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Wow. Just saw this at the IMAX yesterday

100% lived up to the hype

Ledger...just wow