1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miguel, Jul 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I'm starting this thread, but not quite writing anything in it yet. I want to be able to talk about the movie, but not have people complain (with good reason) in the other two threads. I'll let someone else start the spoilers...plus, I know people may POSSIBLY click on this "accidentally" (riiight), and I figured the first post could be spoiler free, incase they have 2nd thoughts about clicking on the thread.

Thoughts? Or should we just continue with the [spoiler ] method?

2. Miguel

AND.........

Another chance....BACK OUT OF THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET!

Spoilers may commence here...

3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I had really thought they were setting up a Two Face 3rd movie but I'm glad it ends here. They really changed the dynamic for the 3rd with Batman becoming a bad guy.

Who can you recast as the Joker?

Villains for next movie? Penguin?

4. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Batman dies at the end and Luther Head sucks

5. Miguel

You've become "that guy"

Stop posting. Immediately.

6. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

crap. i read the spoiler from brando2101 :(

7. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

OK not much of a spoiler since I haven't seen the movie yet but I think Ras Al Gul will be back.

1) He says it himself in Batman Begins " Is Ras Al Gul a or immortal?"
    2) The Train was never destroyed completely, it landed inside a var parking intact.
    3) Ras is a master Ninja who could have escaped within seconds.

Now here is my theory.

Ras will return to Gotham and aide Batman in fighting for justice as his mentor. Look the stuff that happened in the movie really gives away a feeling as if Bruce and Henry shared a mutual connection as master and student.

1) How did a master ninja like Ras get owned by noob Bruce Wayne in the scene were Bruce sabotages the temple on top of the mountain. Ras is unconcious the whole time and saved by Bruce from the fire.

2) In train scene, Ras says to Batman, " Have you finally learned to do what is necessary? [implying that he should kill Ras in order to save Gotham]. I think this was a sort of trial by fire by Ras to see if Batman would do anything to fight evil even if it's the same guy he saved earlier in the movie.

All things point to my conclusion that Ras will be back in the future and this time he may be and Batman's side helping him.

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Ra's could come back. In the comics every time he dies he is lowered into a "Lazarus Pit" to be reborn. Whenever he is reborn he is insane and super strong for like an hour.

But I don't think that's going to be part of Nolan's trilogy.

I predict Catwoman's next. Her moral ambiguity and tradition of switching sides (from villain to hero) dovetails nicely with the themes of the Nolan movies so far and especially well with the set up from the end of TDK. She also has the benefit of being a relatively reality based character and could provide a good love interest.

Other possibilities are Hugo Strange, The Penguin, The Riddler, Killer Croc and Clayface.

My dream villain in this series, of the ones they haven't used so far, would be Man-Bat. But I think he might be a little too sci-fi for the tone of the series so far.

I'm betting on Catwoman.

9. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I can see Hugo Strange, The Penguin (foreign eccentric arms dealer) and Maxie Zeus in Nolan's universe. Unfortunately I think Catwoman is a problem, and it's not just that terrible movie...

10. Batman Jones

I don't think that movie means the end of Catwoman on film. She's too big a property. (And anyway that would have ruled Two-Face out too after the awful Shumacher take on him.) What other problem do you see?

Maxie Zeus is a good pick, but he seems a little too much like one more crazy dude and a far less interesting one that the last few. I could see him in a supporting thing though.

I don't think The Penguin offers enough thematically to carry the lead villain spot either.

The Riddler MAYBE but with a whole new take.

I really think it's gonna be Selina.

11. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i like the part when batman dies

12. cardpire

cardpire Member

spoiler alert: maggie gyllenhaal is somehow a worse actress than katie holmes. god she was awful in this.

what is the story behind why they didnt bring holmes back? DC Comics shuns scientology or something?

13. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

did anybody else think that two face looked way to fake. that waas my only complaint. awesome movie overall. joker was amazing. im going to watch it again tomorrow

14. Batman Jones

I thought Two Face looked great. I especially liked the way his left eye and mouth were straight out of the comics.

I thought Gyllenhaal was great too. Way, way better than Katie Holmes.

15. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apparently she declined because of the popular scheduling conflict

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I thought the same thing, obviously its hard to act in a movie like this with legends everywhere, but she was about 17 times better than Katie Holmes.

17. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I agree. I thought Katie Homes was way better. I'm glad they killed the character off.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Saw it last nite and I have to say as a Batfan, mostly stemming from the 90s animated series and i've read the major graphic novels, this is the closest any movie has gotten in terms of spirit to all the villians and characters.

Was such an enjoyable film, gonna see it again tomorrow and I can't wait!

Oh and Maggie Gyllenhaal, for what she was given to do, was worlds better than holmes

19. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

Going to watch it Sunday on the IMAX...can't wait...Sunday can't come sooner

I think the Riddler would be a great villian for the third film...Nolan could transform him into a dark character

20. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

First Maggie Gylenhaal is probably the most homely leading lady i've seen in a while.

Second I found fault in this movie!! :eek: :eek:
    (the film was great but i like to put it in perspective by naming the few things i disliked.)

A. It was just too good, very hard for me to look for something i didn't like. :D

B. They did the "we shake the camera because Christian Bale is far from Jet Li" thing which i'm okay with but they did it too much. I would have liked to see a little less fighting or a little martial arts. Not enought to be cheesy but if you're kicking that much butt you gotta be good at martial arts.

C. They could have toned the Joker's antics down (even though i wanted to see him on screen more) because it was getting harder to believe that he could set up all these strategic explosives.

D. I felt like the Batman's speech about people needing faith whether it was a lie or not was a little pot shot at Faith in God.

E. It ended. Seriously if you think it wasn't hard as hell for me to write that you're crazy.

Thirdly
    Heath Ledger gave the best performance in any super hero movie EVER. If anyone EVER attempts to play the joker again they might be assassinated. If it means the end of the Batman movies, so be it. Reboots aren't my thing but in this case it was needed to make this movie so great. To be fair though, Batman has an upperhand over other superhero movies because he is the most normal and it is much easier to add the story.