1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spider-Man Officially Joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Junkyard_Dog, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Sony and Marvel have officialy come to a deal to have our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man be apart of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I wonder if this deal happened in time for Spidey to be a part of Civil War

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062..._studios_into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man

2. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

It's about time

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No more emo spiderman. Thank god. The only thing good about the spiderman franchise was Emma Stone.

4. Remix

Remix Member

Ok this is really exciting. Wondering who they will cast as Peter Parker

5. Nero

Nero Member

Michael B Jordan of course.

I am pretty sure he starred in My Life also.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Michael Jordan from Space Jam is gonna be Spiderman?

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

If they were gonna go with an older spiderman I wouldn't be mad at Joseph Gordon Levitt for the role. Marvel seems to like star power for their roles

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

They should go with a black spidey, maybe Jay Pharaoh or Donald Glover.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

spiderman reboot 3

:eek:

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Marvel is reportedly interested in Logan Lerman(aka The Wallflower and Percy Jackson). I'm not sure about him. He's a good actor, but I get too much of a Tobey Maguire vibe from him. A short, skinny, nerdy-looking dude. I actually really liked Andrew Garfield's performance. Too bad the second Amazing Spider-Man movie stunk so bad, it killed any chance he'd be able to return to the role(although I am glad the character wound up in the MCU).

11. 713

713 Member

Don't be surprise if they cast a girl for spiderman

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Looks like Black Panther and Captain Marvel are getting pushed back a bit to make room for the new Spidey flick. It better be good because I've been waiting on Black Panther for awhile now

[​IMG]

13. Swedish_Rocket

Logan Lerman would be the best choice imo

14. 713

713 Member

yeah and Hermonie as Mary Jane or Snoop Dog

15. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

[​IMG]

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Please no reboot with another origin. Maybe do a flashback with comic book theme to establish continuity.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nice, at this stage in the game I didn't think they'd get a deal done for Civil War (which is obviously going to be his first appearance).

I'm a little concerned that Sony still has final say on creative decisions. Hopefully that just means Marvel will do all the work then they just smile, nod, and sign off on their suggestions.

I hope they just stick with Garfield, he isn't the problem. If not, at least consider Donald Glover. (they won't, and...they won't)

Yeah, I was upset about this also. Now Inhumans will be after both Infinity War movies? Uh? I guess they're just going to hope that revealing them in Agents of Shield, and sprinkling them throughout other MCU movies will be enough information leading up to Infinity War.

#17 seclusion, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nice! It was such an obvious thing for Sony to do that I thought it wouldn't happen, so I'm happy to see this.

And if they want an older Spidey... how 'bout a 40+ year old Tobey Maguire?

19. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

An old Spider-Man. That's interesting. I'm thinking Steve Buscemi and the story is that Peter Parker became a drunk and time hasn't been good to him. Maybe even make him the villain.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I really hope it is an older Spiderman, the young one is annoying. The older Spiderman is attached to Mary Jane, he's more mature, has more to lose - I think it carries a lot more weight if a 30+ Spiderman joins Iron Man's side in Civil War as opposed to an immature teenager that is still discovering his place as a superhero.

Actually, if they use a young Spiderman in Civil War I'd venture to say Spiderman's involvement in the entire storyline will fall flat on its face.

Not a fan of Tobey Maguire but I do hope they bring back J.K. Simmons.

Are there any more details about how the license will be used? Sony gets veto power/input or will they be inserting their own directors/casting/etc? It seems like Marvel can use the character a bit but Sony still has them by the balls. Kind of a scary situation.