1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Speculation] Rockets may target Rajon Rondo.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jul 14, 2014.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am joking with you. I like your posts. Any news on the PF front?

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's pretty obvious. Bledsoe even with a max contract at 14 million a year will be less expensive than Goran in the long run. Goran is out of there because everyone knows he's going to get a contract in the 14+ million range after this season and Phoenix can't afford that.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

So should we be rooting for the Suns to sign Bledsoe?

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Or have them sign and trade Bledsoe to us for a bag peanuts and the Pelican's pick.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing new saleem....It's all good, my man! :cool:

1 person likes this.
  6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It's all good is good enough for me.

7. Dream Shake 81

Plowman,

I'm watching Love on NBA TV right now.. this man is down right awesome.
    Would you say KLove is 100% not coming here?

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

- If people have problems with my posts or want to talk about timeouts and whatever, seems like this is what the "report" button and the feedback forum are for. We should probably take these issues to there and make posts actually relevant to basketball in the basketball forums.

- I do read and reply to many posts. But there are many Harden and Morey defenders there that I don't get to or even want to reply to all who disagree with me depending on where I am at the time and what I feel like talking about. It happens. If it bothers you, so be it.

- Back on topic: Rondo may well be not only what the team needs talent-wise but also the jolt that this team needs in terms of personality. Seems to me that this team is full of guys who get along and it isn't in their nature to be the "bad guy" calling out teammates and friends. Even Kevin McHale looks to be in pain when he has to act as a disciplinarian.

The team might just benefit from someone who is smart, talented and has it in his nature to "disturb the comfortable."

1 person likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

In a conference where LAC (Chris Paul) and OKC (Westbrook) are ahead of the Rockets, getting a guy like Rondo who can defend and take it to those guys athletically, makes a lot of sense. Not to mention, in losing Parsons, the Rockets lost one of their better shot creators so getting someone like Rondo who can set the table for others (especially when Harden is resting) would be huge.

And like CH said, Rondo has that dog mentality. He will get after people.

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, CH. He's an experienced leader/champion who's not afraid to get up into someone's face......He commands respect and knows what needs to be happening out on the court at all times.

11. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree about Rondo, him and his experience in 92 playoff games brings some serious moxy to this current rockets team if they can get him somehow.

12. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

typical CH post is typical. (and I reserve the use of report button for someone posting racially, sexually or otherwise unnacceptably inciteful things. Clutch has a life outside moderating a board he started as a passionate rockets fan and submitting reports on a trolls behavior would be pathetic and I wouldn't be so smug as to waste his time with it)

On subject, I'm concerned Rondo hasn't fully healed. Doesn't have enough of a perimeter shot and his overbearing personality would grate on the team.

That said, if you aren't giving up core rotational players you always pull the trigger on a trade for someone of his caliber and figure out the logistics later. Especially when he's at one of our two weakest positions.

13. Dream Shake 81

Yep. He is a floor general.

14. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Carl posted some "assisted on %'s" a few weeks back for Parsons vs Dragic(i think). Hopefully i didn't dream this. Carl if you read this post and remember help me out. Anyway.... It made me rethink calling Parsons an absolute shot creator. If i remember correctly it was....Parsons was assisted on ~54% of his 2 pt FG's and 90+% on his 3pt FG's.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Upgrading" could mean any sort of player, and "upgrading" is also in the eye of the beholder, given how some PG's can distribute and D up but not score, and some can score and play D etc etc.

Goran Dragic?

Rajon Rondo?

Marcus Smart?

Ricky Rubio? (Les might need another international merchandising outlet now that his cash cow Lin is gone.)

16. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I need to see Rondo a little more in action to see if he still has it. Didn't look like the same player last year after coming back from major injury.

17. saleem

Words of wisdom.

18. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Yeah I thought I was going to go crazy over all these people saying Parsons was a shot creator. What? When? He's certainly above 50% on assisted shots. He has no handles, and he looks like such a white boy when he does dribble.

Furthermore, am I the only one that remembers a ton of his fast-break layups getting swatted by anyone/everyone?

All he has is a decent 3 ball - and we can all agree that he's streaky there.
    People tend to think of their high school sweetheart in a favorable light...

19. saleem

Sounds good to me too.;)

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I should clarify with Parsons. Parsons was decent at putting the ball on the floor and collapsing the defense (unlike Ariza and to a lesser extend Beverley). So getting someone else in the rotation that can do that with Parsons gone, would be very beneficial. Otherwise, it puts a lot of pressure on Harden to create a lot of that. And there will be times when he is resting. Who takes over that role then?