1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Speculation] Rockets may target Rajon Rondo.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jul 14, 2014.

1. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

you turn off posters and quite probably women. you should fit in well in an all guys book club

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I read about that rumor on Google sports. I hope it won't come to fruition, although it might.

3. CertifiedTroll

Lets get Marcus Smart instead please.

4. Garner

Garner Member

Boston is in full blown tank mode. Only team worse than them is the Sixers

Rondo
    Bradley
    Jeff green
    Sullinger
    Olynk

Yikes.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

6. sutton

sutton Member

Wash out all the pieces for one more cornerstone, do it , Morey!

7. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Rondo doesn't fit this team but I love his game.

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Exactly. This kind of stuff is garbage and I don't know why it keeps reeling people in. "Sports World Report" is just click-bait trash -- nothing real -- and this place is even worse because it's regurgitating them.

9. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Would y'all be willing to give up T Jones, Bev, Swiss Chocolate (Capela), and Pelicans pick for Rondo and Bass?

Bass is ok but I still think we would need to upgrade the PF position, and we would be giving up our top two PF prospects.

10. izeroi

izeroi Member

Exactly. Waste of a read and waste of time.

11. Garner

Garner Member

Too much.

Who are you bidding against?

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This post illustrates the issue with insulting replying to a post made two weeks ago. You don't see the context of the post to which you reply.

The prior post was a joking reply to JR referencing to the doom and gloom state of the board back then-- fairly soon after all the big free agent decisions were made with Lebron,Melo, Bosh and Parson, etc.

There were threads quoting tweets from sports writers speculating that Bosh might not have wanted to play with Harden and Howard after playing with the "ultra-serious" Miami Heat and that Parsons might have preferred Dallas because he didn't particular enjoy watching Harden "massage the ball" and cyberx' insider report that Parsons would have preferred going to DAL to having HOU match and him staying (later reflected in Parsons' own talk about DAL trusting him to be a star but Morey doesn't, etc.).

This is why that, when JR posted the article about how Rondo turns off free agents in a Rondo trade rumor thread, I made a joke to JR, who also had posted and joked about the state of the team, about how this reputation would fit right in with the portrayal of Howard and Harden in those threads/posts/tweets/articles that were being discussed back then. I (and JR, too, as far as I could tell) found both the fact that the Rockets missed out on their primary targets and lost their own guy and the uproar among members here kind of funny. So, we jokingly replied to each other on this subject matter in light or the Rondo article he posted.

Keeping on picking a fight with me or any other member here with insults rather than actually discuss news and opinion and rumors regarding the Rockets does not appear to be very interesting use of the BBS. Whatever floats your boat, I guess, unless the moderators think otherwise. But perhaps you should insultingly reply to posts made more recently due to the whole context thing.

1 person likes this.
  13. CertifiedTroll

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. basketballholic

At this point, no. I'd rather have Dragic. Better fit here. If nothing else materializes...maybe.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A healthy Rondo makes whatever team he plays for exponentially better..... forget about this whole...he doesn't have a J nonsense. He is an elite player......

#75 Plowman, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  16. studogg

I continually post well thought out insights and contributions to the board. I get sick of your schtick and dodging of intelligent discussion and as such have mimicked your style of posts in several one line jabs pointed directly at you. I get thorough satisfaction that these one line jabs have drawn your ire, because it's this type of crap that has turned the majority of the board off your posts and calling for a timeout for you.

and your childish response also ignores the multiple attempts at discussion of your lame arguments i've made and the further dismissal of counter argurments to your weak jabs at our players to which you suddenly disappear from threads. But thanks though. For I've gotten more reps for destroying your arguments over the past month than I have in a long while. I'm not a rep w**** mind you. And as Jeff pointed out long ago in when someone questioned why he didn't post as much as he used to, I generally find any opinion that I may have well covered by someone else on the board so there is no need to repeat what they say.

I've also been forthright, open and geniune about enjoying it when people have differing views than myself and have had several good back and forths with dissenting view points that ended up in mutually respectful conversations. In your case, I'm just being reactionary to your style of posting in hopes of you actually waking up and seeing how freaking annoying it is.

#76 studogg, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Nothing to see here, more speculation

18. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

perusing your 4000 posts to see if true

19. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Lets flip Rondo for Lowry :p

20. studogg

please go for it. You'll find more in the astros section of recent note because the garm has gotten so bad.