1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Speculation] Rockets may target Rajon Rondo.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

No way can Rondo last even close to a full season at this point. He's damaged goods ala Deron Williams.

2. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Rockets will probably have to give up T Jones for the Celtics to even give a damn.

3. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

TE can't be packaged,this is a basic common knowledge,every fans know that.
    I don't understand why someone can write such ridiculous article

4. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Pretty sure our 2016 first is untradeable.....thank Jeremy Lin.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Dwert howand

6. SS0101

SS0101 Member

An underrated point that seems to always be dismissed is our pelicans pick that we got in the Asik deal. Among the would be rondo suitors, it is extremely unlikely that any of them have a pick to offer that is anywhere close to as good as that pelicans pick. This is because any bottom feeder (really the only chance to get a pick in the 5 to 10 range would be from bottom feeders) would be very hesitant to give up significant assets for a player that could leave in free agency. And then obviously any contender in the running would likely be a guaranteed pick in the late teens to 20s. That pick is super valuable in a trade.

7. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

It's a valid speculation.

C's have bradley and marcus smart and theyre bound to lose Rondo for free unless they trade him for some value.

Maybe HOU 2nd (2016) + NYK 2nd 2015 + NOP 1st 2015 + TJones or Dmo + TPE + TJones

for

Rondo and whatever is needed to fill out, preferably non-guaranteed fillers

8. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Espn has a video up on this but unless it's a sign and trade I just don't see Ainge doing this on the cheap

9. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

You guys need to read this...

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-best-way-to-understand-daryl-morey/

Ya'll seem too emotional right now...the Rockets are fine, they still have alot of tradeable assets and they avoided signing a role player to a terrible contract. Parsons doesnt win a title he would just ensure the Rockets made the playoffs. I always wanted Ariza and Rondo (hopefully could get Bass and or Green). Elite point guard is more valuable then a good to above average power forward (Bosh). I think the Rockets lucked out that Bosh said no, imo. 22 mil for Bosh, come on thats just crazy...dude is basically Sam Perkins right now.

10. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

does rondo game fit with howard and harden?

11. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Lmao. Unless Ainge is solely doing Morey a solid, we ain't getting Rondo. This offer is trash compared to the teams that have better draft picks w/ better players to offer than Terrance Jones. Ainge is a stingy POS just like Morey. He's just as arrogant and self absorbed. No way he's taking that offer

12. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Can't trade a TPE with a player for another player, this would have to be 2 separate deals or we would need a 3rd team.

1 person likes this.
  13. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Yes, I've read the comments and followed up with them about not combining TPE. Oversight on my part.

14. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

How dare you call Hoarden 'Horden'...

15. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

I can definitely see a us pulling a trade, but it would have to be with a third team.

I'm not a cap expert, but they have TWO ugly contracts (till 2015/2016) on their team we could take off their hands. Jeff Greene 9.2 mill and Gerald Wallace 10.1mill.
    Gerald Wallace being the obvious uglier one.

Again I'm not sure how the cap numbers would work...but

Rockets send: TPE+Jones+ Ariza+ Moti+Capella+ Cov or Cannan+NOP 1st+ Houston 2nd + NYK 2nd

Rockets incoming: Rondo+ Greene or Wallace.

If wallace is included, I'm not even sure we do that trade or salary wise if it will work.

My point is, if we can find a way to take back one of Greene or Wallace we have enough assets to bring in a player like Rondo.

16. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

With the TPE going to a 3rd team

17. rocket43

rocket43 Member

Rondo vs Lin

Rajon Rondo Triple-Double 18pts 17rebs 20asts vs Jeremy Lin the Knicks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnc9ez485vI

Seems relevant since we lost Lin and could possibly get Rondo. Morey will redeem himself if he pulls this one out.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has to pass a physical first

19. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Yes and I wonder how or why anyone can question it, especially with McHale as coach.
    Rondo would be the floor general on offense, basically rendering the head coach useless, which is what McHale is anyway.
    It's also what Morey's philosophy dictates.
    Morey doesn't like the mid-range, perfect.
    Rondo doesn't care about scoring, perfect.
    No more Harden abusing the Spalding and we might just have some semblance of an offense, especially in the half-court.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>No. But of course they'd keep working it, other talks. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/gtrward">@gtrward</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> what's with the rondo rumors? Anything serious there?</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/488772250435616768">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>