1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spanoulis Party Last Night!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texanskan, Oct 28, 2006.

1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I was at a welcome to Houston Party for Billy last night and I just wanted to share some thoughts from the event.

First off thank you to the Cokinos family for throwing together a nice event and I also would like to thank Bill Worrell, Darell Morey and others from the Rockets who took time to speak about the team.

V-Span-Nice guy, we talked one on one for a few minutes about Greece and where our families were from and how he was adjusting to Houston. When I asked him about his turnover problems he said just give him time and he will figure out the speed of the game and his teamates. He also told me he fully expects to be in the nine man rotation (did not say but I assume over Head) at some point this season. He also was presented with a pair of cowboy boots and he will be sporting them often.

Bill Worrell-I spoke with him for a while about the coogs we really did not talk too much Rockets but he said he likes this team and thinks big things can happen. When I asked about the broadcast situation they offered a job to Jon Barry but he was able to get the ESPN job where he only has to do one game a week and that would allow him to remain in Atlanta where he makes his home. Bill did not say anything bad about Clyde but you can tell he is not impressed although he said he is "working hard" said Bull is getting good and maybe one day Calvin will be back.

Darell Morey-Man real bright guy, likes the team said the nine man rotation will be the starting five we have seen plus Wells, Head, Novak, Hayes. Some matchups you will see others but Juwan aint gonna get much time and V-Span is a guy who might be able to crack the rotation. Said we would be better this year with James but long term we are better off as of now. Sura has a shot of getting back and if not we might use him as trade bait. IMHO he seems to know basketball and his statistics so I feel better about him taking over as the GM next year.

All and all it was a great night oh yeah and one more thing I failed to mention earlier about Vasili is that he is real confident and I am 100% sure he will be a big time player in the NBA!

2. Rockets kupo

Rockets kupo Member

ducktales without pics

3. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Very nice recap. Thank you!

4. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

Thanks! Wow you're lucky! Looks like Deke and Juwan won't get much minutes. So you didn't bring a camera? :eek:

5. texanskan

No, Just about everyone there was Greek and V-Span was very overwhelmed since everyone wanted to talk to him. I belive folks with the Rockets were taking picturs at the party. I did not bring a camera but I should of I guess but I really don't want to be that guy because it was a "more dressed up" event.

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

What Cokinos family was it.

7. texanskan

It was at Mike's house in Hunters Creek Village

8. Rockets kupo

Rockets kupo Member

don't bring a camera to a guys welcoming party? agreed?

man law ;)

9. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I Jon Barry was considering Houston his new home. Traitor!

10. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I though he was..

11. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

I am glad the new GM "seems to know basketball". Thanks for the recap.
    I am glad there is going to be intense competition for playingtime. Hopefully cruise control, lazy D and back to the bench.

12. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Nice recap!

I wish he would've spoken about JVG. Did you ask him what he uses to shave? :D

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thanks for the recap texanskan. Hayes over Deke at back C? Hmmm.

14. docgundy

docgundy Member

I heard about this party. My friend's parents went to it, maybe you know them? The Rogers family. They go to the Greek Orthodox Church, I think St. Martin's. I really wanted to go to this, but I'm not Greek, lol. However, I did see JVG last night at the Kinkaid vs. St. John's game at Rice Stadium. It looks like a bunch of Rockets were out partying last night.

15. texanskan

He is pretty indifferent twords JVG, he likes some things and other things are an adjustment ie. the inside outside game and not having the ball in his hands. No I did not ask him what razor or lack there of but we talked about a few more things and everything was positive.

16. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

lmao :D ... hilarious.. maybe he should've offered him this:[​IMG]

17. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Even Bill wants Calvin back. Bring back Calvin before we lose Bill too!

18. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I agree. I was able to sneak my camera in. That's Spanoulis talking to Worrell with Morey looking on from behind.

[​IMG]

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I believe this. Everyone including JVG has said that Hayes should get more minutes. Heck, even the media is high on hayes.

20. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Wooo hooo!

Thank you texanskan for the story.

VSpan is sure feeling love from the local community. :)

Five star thread.

#20 wnes, Oct 28, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2006