1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spanoulis made buzzer-beater game-winner against Croatia

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by tuus, Sep 9, 2007.

1. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

He is'nt a rocket anymore so who gives a flying rats ass about Spanoulis fluking a 3 on the buzzer?. i'll take scola over the sovlaki boy yeterday, today, tommorow and anyother day. heck jackie butler will probaly contribute more then what sovlaki ever did.

BTW, i cant wait for Brooks, james and francis to give him a ass whooping of the major kind when he's team comes here for a pre-season game.

2. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am surprised nobody caught this yet. It is convenient that Pana would "report" this now because the last time his stuff was brought up (about VSpan dominating Rafer et all) people brought up the newly discovered preseason stat sheet (discovered after JVG left, of course - that crafty JVG). So now there is an answer - that JVG doctored it (nevermind that Span himself said in real interviews that he didn't get to show what he could do in practice, either). Criminal mastermind, he is.

If I start writing made up conversations with Tracy Murray on a Britney Spears website, will somebody pretty please post them here?

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

any rockets still on the current roster would probably have a good laugh out of this

4. abundance

abundance Member

Strange isn't it? Is Peter May to be trusted? In terms of cash, the Spurs did very well in the trade if they got $1 mil cash from Panathinaikos on top of the cash consideration from the Rockets.

Boston Globe
    A foreign concept to US

Please release me

We often hear about NBA teams ponying up cash to help a European player extricate himself from his club contract. Many of the top Europeans have buyout clauses, some of them onerous. But here's one in reverse: Numerous league sources insist that Panathinaikos, the reigning European Cup champ, paid some serious euros to the San Antonio Spurs to allow Vassilis Spanoulis out of his NBA contract. One NBA insider ventured that Panathinaikos paid more than $1 million, noting that there is an agreement in place for both teams to keep their lips zipped about the deal. Panathinaikos's rival, Olympiakos, flew in NBA free agent guard Charlie Bell last week amid reports that it was willing to pay the former Milwaukee Bucks point guard $5 million for two seasons.

Peter May can be reached at p_may@globe.com; material from personal interviews, wire services, other beat writers, and league and team sources was used in this report

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

This is almost exactly like the v-span video.

6. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

They are nearly the same type of players. Both rely on dribble penetration but Francis has a better outside shot.

7. AGBee

AGBee Member

This guy should enter the NBA draft!

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Except that the guy guarding Francis didn't fall down and give him an open look at the basket.

And no, that wasn't a crossover VSpan did. And no, he didn't "chop" anyone or break anyone's ankles. The guy lost his freaking balance backing up and fell down -- maybe VSpan's moves had something to do with it, but not because VSpans moves were so great, but rather because the defender is not very agile.

Besides, VSpan has already proven he excels against inferior competition. When he's good enough to hold his own against NBA players, he'll probably be back. But that won't be anytime soon.

9. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

If this article is to be believed, it means that Bonzi's minutes will be substantially increased in the upcoming season while Battier's will be cut to 10-15 mpg.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

What article are you referring to?

11. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Well, I have a broken clock that tells the right time twice a day.

12. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I hope we draft this guy too, and promise him PT!

13. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

All I have to say about that article is :rolleyes:

14. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

I'm not even going to read any of this.

I'm just wondering, why is this thread even here. Vspan is no longer a Rocket, and when he was... he was garbage.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

He was barely even a Rocket in the first place and in my eyes will only be remembered for his comedic views over his self worth and the fact that he was the means to acquire Scola.

You could blindfold our third string PG right now and he would still be better than this guy. He sucks. Couldn't hack it. Deal with it and move on, but before you do that get this out of the GARM forum first.

16. delwater

delwater Member

don't cry over the spilled milk。。he's gone and not coming back :(

17. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

It wasn't unnecessarily, that's how the majority of the coaches react in Europe. Insted of risking to concede a free and lose the game, they prefere to send a guy on the line with the worst risk being a tie and overtime.
    I kind of agree with that philosophy.

18. longbow111

longbow111 Member

Spanoulis was, is and will be a very good basketball player. I have high hope on him that he will be the backup PG this season and starter next year. it's a shame that his self confidence was totally destroyed by JVG and he didn't want to be any part of NBA anymore. Just like an ancient Chinese saying "once bitten by a snake, for ten years afraid of the ropes."

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If the moon is made of cheese...If the earth is flat...That article is complete garbage. Anyone who believes it needs a lobotomy. Who is your surgeon?

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Whines like one too.