1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spanoulis Blog: I have a contract with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GALLIS, May 31, 2007.

1. GALLIS

GALLIS Member

If this hasn't been posted yet Spanoulis in his blog today in sport24.gr said something like the following ( sorry don't have time to translate the whole thing)
    '' after my holidays in Crete now i'm spending some time in my hometown in Larisa with my friends and family and because a lot of people ask me what i'm going to do i wanna say that I FINALLY MADE UP MY MIND ABOUT NEXT YEAR. THE FACT THAT I HAVE A CONTRACT WITH THE ROCKETS AND WHAT THEY WANT FROM ME PLAYS A KEY ROLE IN THAT DECISION. NOW THE ROCKETS HAVE A NEW COACH AND I HEAR THAT MR ADELMAN IS A LOT DIFFERENT THAN MR VAN GUNDY THE COACH I WORKED WITH IN MY ROOKIE YEAR . ALSO I WANNA SET SOMETHING STAIGHT BECAUSE IT WAS MISUNDERSTOOD AND I NEVER COMMENTED ON THAT ALL THIS TIME
    I NEVER SAID TO MR VAN GUNDY I WAS MCGRADY IN GREECE . PLEASE LET'S NOT GET ALL CRAZY !! I NEVER COMPARED MYSELF WITH THE LEADER OF THE HOUSTON ROCKETS WHAT I SAID TO MR VANGUNDY INA CONVERSATION WE HAD WAS THAT IN GREECE I HAD A LEADING ROLE AND I WAS USED TO PLAYING WITH THE BALL MORE IN MY HANDS LIKE T-MAC IS DOING HER. I WANTED TO MAKE THAT CLEAR THOUGH THAT'S ALL IN THE PAST FOR ME NOW.

2. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

WHY ARE YOU STILL YELLING IN YOUR SIG?

3. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Fire JVG! :mad:

oops, Rockets already did.

4. superden

superden Contributing Member

I hope that means he will come back next season, play hard, and hopefully find his place on the team...

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sure sounds like JVG hanging a player out to dry to make himself look good.

GOOD RIDDANCE !

DD

#5 DaDakota, May 31, 2007
    Last edited: May 31, 2007
  6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

WELL I SURE DO LOVE HIS ENTHUSIASM!!!!

7. ham

ham Member

Good news! Thanks for posting it.

8. Astockmarketgod

VSpan had the ability to get to the line... they need to key on that and get to work on the rest...

I for one would have liked to see him out there every game for about 15 minutes...

you cant develop rookies unless you give them play time... and in our case... our vet Point Guards played like rookies most of the time anyways...

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

This is awesome news. The part about him honring his contract. The part about Van Gundy trying to screw him is old news.

10. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I'm gonna ask CD tomorrow morning at breakfast if he still belives Span is a cross between Kobe and Tony Parker

11. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Let him start and let him develope. Can he be any more atrocious of a shooter than rafer? He can definitely penetrate better. For a guy who handles the rock like it is attached to his hand, Rafer sure wasn't much for beating people off the dribble

12. The Hungarian Rocket

We need atleast 2.0 ast/to and 40 3pt% from him. He has to learn a lot.

13. GALLIS

GALLIS Member

Exactly, nobody said he should start but he definitely deserved more pt, the way van gundy played him 7-8 mins every other game didn't help Spanoulis , VG or the Rockets. He says in his blog about the good words he's heard regarding Adelman from Peja Stoyacovic and other great players that have worked with him, so that prolly shows something. ;)

14. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

Well I believe the poster (alex?) who has Greek background already explained this many times here, people either ignored or just did't want to know the truth.

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

like I said

he never said that "mcgrady in greece" crap

it was somehow misunderstood and the haters just past it along

good to hear this from Mr VSpan 300!

great news

best news of the day :cool:

#15 Amel, May 31, 2007
    Last edited: May 31, 2007
  16. WNBA

WNBA Member

Vspan, like many euro payers, is a worldclass flopper. JVG might hate him, Adelman would love him as his assistant.

You know if you want to win in NBA, you need at least one flopper on the floor. Spurs have many, they are the champion.

17. Barkley

Barkley Member

LOL Welocem back VMac! Hopefully you'll show you best next season and you'll help us

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Polishing my can of "told ya so" for next year.....

:D

DD

19. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I could have told you that Vspan has a contract with the Rockets.

20. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

If he plays in summer league, he will play next season. If he does not in the summer league, he will keep riding the pine.