1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spanish Radio] Sergio Llull close to deciding to join the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yep. Shane Battier started it:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-rWqCew4Ebc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

Lull, Bev and Terry ain't bad.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm on board. I hope we can keep Beverley for a reasonable figure so we can create some guard depth.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jeez, the haters.

His numbers vacillate, probably depending on each season's role....more point guard or more shooting guard, maybe.

Last year he played 28 mpg, averaged 10 points and 6 assists. And assists aren't counted there as easily as here. Oh, yeah...38% on threes.

We don't need Chris Paul. But we wouldn't be getting John Lucas III, either.

Again, with feeling: Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

I refuse to fall for the Euro hype! :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We don't need a player with no nba experience that's questionable we need a point guard that can lead us offensively and counter James Harden. This guy is a project nba wise.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It is Morey's rule. Dudes who sing out of tune get traded. It's why we ditched Canaan.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Exactly. If we were a middle of the road team I wouldn't mind but since we are championship contending we need a better starting point guard then this guy.

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Ideal Offseason
    Sign Llull using full MLE.
    Match Bev on anything at or under $6MM per.
    Resign Brewer using Early Bird Rights and Smith getting the maximum amount that he can get without us having to use the MLE.
    Let McDaniels walk unless he just decides to sign the QO.
    Use Jones, 18, Pap to go find a wing that can score (and is a plus shooter).

Llull | Beverley (split duties)
    Harden | _______ (trade acquisition)
    Ariza | Brewer
    Motiejunas | Smith
    Howard | Capela

2 people like this.
  10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I still don't get how to pronounce his name. Is it you-ll or you-ie

11. Airdough

Airdough Member

This is great news if true. Still need to keep Bev or add to point guard through the draft. Need at least 2 good ones to contend.

12. MtthwPnngbtn

MtthwPnngbtn Member

Was watching his highlights earlier, I like what he possibly could bring

13. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

with euroleague ball, i wouldn't look too much into their average stats, especially with assists. doesn't tell much at all really.

with that said, i haven't seen much from him to think he's a game-changer. i trust morey though. just not too big on euro players, especially if they're hyped as much as this guy is (or maybe it's just from us Rockets fan desperately needing wanting a new PG).

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Stein said "you'll."

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nice, my only hope is that he can be as good or better then Beverley production wise.

Like one of the poster said about his expectations of Llull, Beverley is one of the worst starting PG's in league, on the other hand he would be one of the best backups in the league. If we can have another player who brings a similar production to Beverley, one of the best backups in the league, but a fringe starter, then i'd think we'd look okay at the point since we'd have 2 players worthy of 24 minutes every night. Especially since they will be a diverse tandem. Beverley will be on hustle and defense, and hopefully Llull will be on creating offense.

But in order for that to work, Llull has to bring the production of a Patrick Beverley, Llull has to be a serviceable enough player to demand 24 minutes a night. If not our PG position will still be screwed and we'll have a bad contract on our hands.

16. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have patience and Yull find out.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

I believe it sounds very similar to yule, as in "yuletide joy". Soft L.

18. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/HtxMade87">@HtxMade87</a> Yes, it is possible. The Rockets could trade for Lawson, then sign Llull with the MLE.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/606225892063322112">June 3, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. platypus

platypus Member

Prigioni was once Llull's team mate. I'm sure he offered some insight to the staff on Llull.

If sergio plays like a young prigioni, hits shots and creates plays we have a player on our hands.

20. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I watched him play their version of the playoffs when I was in Europe

The dude can flat out ball... He looks much better than rudy Fernandez did live and he was solid nba player

The thing all of you guys are missing is euro ball is nothing like nba as far as stats... Someone already mentioned assists but alsompg is less and they share the ball much more the nba.

It's really difficult for a player to "stand out" on stats because of that

It's kind of like college ball plenty of guards averaged 15-18 ppg college then average 20+ in nba

It's a different game and more coached than nba.