1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

south park: season 14

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ryan_98, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I thought
    it was all over the place at the end, it started off great but as Donnymost said, once Obama appeared it kind of got stupid. Overall solid episode. The people that they had in the sex rehab place (Charlie Sheen, Big Ben, Clinton etc.) were hilarious. The turd in the punch bowl had me rolling also... and yeah that was a shot at Bush in the end, especially since butters said it right in front of the white house.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

just watched it, hilarious

was the person in the alien mask was suppose to be someone in particular or just some random person?

the part where they showed all the celebrities dancing outside at the end as if the "spell" was released from their bodies, I laughed for a good while

they must've wrote the ending of the episode house before it aired, thats damn good

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

To your first question:
    It was the SWAT guy who told everybody to stop pretending they didn't know why rich men would have sex with lots of women.

When can we stop using spoiler tags?

4. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Like someone else mentioned, after Obama portion it just got out of control. It wasnt bad, but I was just hoping it would be better. I still love the show.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The episode started off well. They took a topic that was not necessarily a current event or celeb thing and ran with it with the kids (butters, kyle, and kenny). Butters part was great throughout. But they messed up in the 2nd half making it one of their giant government conspiracy episodes. Like others have said, once Obama appeared, the episode became dumb. So a good half an episode and a bad half.

A great one-liner from Clinton was "does she have big t***?"

6. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

Season 13 had so many great moment I was expecting something more as a season 14 premiere. It didn't live up to my loft expectations, but it was a good, entertaining episode nonetheless.

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

The video game bits had me rofling. I don't get why they had Obama as the defender of sex addiction. It's very hard to make fun of Obama successfully (as opposed to someone like Kanye West) and thus the second half of the episode wasn't as good as the first half.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Around the same quality as last season's premiere, about the Jonas brothers and Mickey Mouse. If it follows suit, then next week's episode will have the Coon's level of hilarity.

9. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Yea I was pretty disappointed in the episode but Butters's bit was pretty hilarious

10. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:267109" width="480" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" flashVars="autoPlay=false&dist=www.southparkstudios.com&orig=" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

i'm guessing it's a current event type episode, so what is this book's topic?

11. Dei

Dei Member

I really miss some of their original characters: Dr. Mephesto, Big Gay Al, Ms. Crabtree, Chef. They just use celebrities or random 1-episode guys now-a-days.

1 person likes this.
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Well, the last two are dead... soo... they can't use them anymore.

13. Obito

Yeah I mean, Kenny isn't featured anymore when he's constantly getting killed or anything.

14. ryan_98

i'm pretty sure he means the actual people who did the voices. i know that is the case for sure with chef (isaac hayes).

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

No, I mean the characters themselves.

South Park has a rule.

Only Kenny can die and come back.

Everybody else dies and is done forever.

16. ryan_98

i had forgotten that they killed off crabtree in season 8...

and even if they wanted to bring back darth chef he's dead in real life :(

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

But they didn't kill of Chef because Hayes died. They killed him because Hayes quit over the Scientology/Trapped in the Closet episode.

18. tulexan

tulexan Member

Looks like Catcher in the Rye

19. Obito

Yep, Isaac Hayes was a Scientologist (sp?) and if they were going to go through with it he would walk, they eventually went through with it.. lol.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I do too

I am really getting sick of this celeb crap

And what happened to Officer Barbrady? They just use those lame Denver cops now.